Cruise Fare Lowered

With the cyber sale today the base fare for my May 2019 9 night Anthem cruise lowered by $100. I contacted my TA and discussed my option on getting the lowered fare. I did have the option to take the lowered price but would only have saved $10, I eventually decided not to just to avoid complexity for the $10.

The details are that I currently have $175 OBC from Royal, changing to the lower fare I would lose $75 since the current promotion is only for $100 OBC. I would have also lost $15 from the OBC my TA offered for a total loss of $90 OBC for the $100 lower fare.

This was my first experience with fare changes with Royal but at then end of the day I come out understanding it a bit more and feel that the logic behind my outcome is fair and makes sense.

I now know what to look for if the fare lowers in the future instead of going for it every time it lowers.

I now know what to look for if the fare lowers in the future instead of going for it every time it lowers.

What you discovered is that in the past 3+ years all of the "sales" have had very little affect on the bottom line price. The price drops come from the supply/demand on that particular sailing.

Yeah, it's the overall cost taking into account any OBC with your booking to consider (and also staying in refundable or non-refundable category). We also just got $100 price drop on Anthem cruise, but had no OBC to lose so new price was better for us. Keep checking up until your final payment. As noted above though...the overall price is usually the same...but no harm to look.

There is in the booking the best price guarantee, for our B2B2B to Hawaii and Pacific Coast in Sept/Oct 2019, we booked it on December 2017, in the 1st and 2nd legs we have 2 price drops, 1st one was $1,100 one month ago and 2nd one was $400 this week, since we are in the same cabin in all the legs I request for the new rate instead of a upgrade. My booking was repriced with the new rate plus $200 discount on each leg ( the summer savings discount) and additional $90 OBC :)

Past Eclipse cruise to the Caribbean 03/18/18 we booked inside, and also several price drops in this cruise we receive a upgrade to Veranda 2C :)

All this adjustments are before final payment date, after final payment date different rules applies