Yet Another (semi-live) Adventure B2B experience (NE/Canada and Bahamas)

Do all Canadian McDonald's have a maple leaf on the Golden Arches? Does any other country have an emblem on the Arches?e2fea00a5f01f1704ec0e0c86eec28a0.jpg

Haven't been everywhere, but at least as far as Europe is concerned, we haven't spotted any emblems on the McD arches.

Welcome to Halifax. It's going to be a beautiful day!

Enjoying your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, it was definitely a beautiful day.

All caught up, can't believe that tomorrow is Day 7; time flies!

You've done a great job so far on the review :D Have a great day in Halifax, I hope you enjoy my country :)

Thank you, and yes, we have thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Can't wait to come back.

Welcome to Halifax.Enjoy the warm humid weather we are having.lol

Today's weather was closer in temperature to what we're used to back home in Kentucky. Many friends have been complaining about the heat since we've been gone, with temps in the mid-90s and heat indexes above 100. I'll take the day we had in Halifax over that any day. Lol

I was just saying to my hubby the cruisers picked a good week to be in Halifax! Weather has been awesome...humidity and all!

We really have had great weather all week, fog and all. We deal with humidity all the time. The fog is something we only have occasionally, and it rarely lingers more than a couple of hours past sunrise.

Day Six (continued)

We docked a little later this morning, at 9:00 instead of 7:00, so we were able to sleep a little later. Got off the ship just after 10:00 and walked along the waterfront. Stopped in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and spent a couple of hours exploring there. It was a low key, relaxing day, which was a nice change after the hustle of our excursion the day before. We returned to the ship shortly after 3:00.

Tonight was the second formal, and I think we hit every photo op on Decks 3 - 5. My wife certainly makes the most of the photo package. The boys' eyes lit up when they found out they could have more than one lobster tail. Glad they enjoyed it.

We stayed up for the festivities on the Promenade, to celebrate American Independence Day. Then left the rest of the celebrating to the younger folks while we headed to our rooms.

Another wonderful end, to another wonderful day. All the more so because there were no luggage tags or departure instructions waiting for us after dinner tonight!

The Promenade went from a few, to packed like sardines in a very short time. 0a09ec005c49e1a21ef9a19267b67e97.jpg Took this shot after returning to our room to change.

0c3fa5f0e5d9c91e9099e9b423433fac.jpg

8fdae27c69c4437af55c02a54cd82e41.jpg Went down to the Promenade for a few minutes to grab a drink, and got a close up of the cake. 6e76d12618f29a26aad727dae02cd278.jpgc50ce569525ff0030225491bdf28cd44.jpg Took a burst shot of the balloon drop, but I'm not going to post all 29 photos. Lol.

Day Seven

Final sea day. Spent it relaxing and enjoying the ship. Decided to skip the farewell show since we'll be here another week. Went to the "Name That Lyric" game show in the Imperial Lounge instead.

We overtook the Queen Mary 2 at dinner time. Didn't get a shot of her then, but saw her slowly slide past the dining room windows, which was cool to see.

Walking back to our room was a happy/sad occasion. While we were happy that we didn't have to pack, we were sad that my parents did. Even so, it was still a good ending to a wonderful vacation with them.

Day Eight (One)

Got up early to have a light breakfast with my parents and to see them off.

It really is cool that we're staying on board today. I hope this doesn't get us too spoiled. Lol

Pouring rain this morning, which I hate to see for those disembarking. And for our daughter who will be embarking later. Hopefully it clears out soon.

Didn't get a head count, but I think there were about 18 people at the consecutive cruisers' meeting. As was reported last week, we did not have to leave the ship. A CBP agent came on board, checked our IDs (which I think everyone in the group had passports) and left. Everyone's old SeaPass cards were scanned, and kept by security. Old cards can be picked up later at Guest Services, if desired.

As soon as they had a zero count (seemed to be a few stragglers, because they made a "final call" twice) they gave us our new cards, and the ship was ours. For all of about 35 minutes. General boarding began at 10:20, which was fine with us, because our daughter was among the first to board.

Ready to officially begin Week 2.

Our consecutive cruisers' letter mentioned a special lunch to be served in the Deck 4 dining room at noon. When we arrived at the door we were told there was no special lunch. So we changed course and made our first visit shipboard visit to Johnny Rockets. Having been to Johnny Rockets on land recently, I can honestly say the version on ship is pretty comparable. Loved the chili cheese dog, and I'm pretty picky about my dogs.

Had read reports that the price had gone up to $12, which if you included the service charge, $9.95 becomes $11.74. So that may have been the source of confusion on the price. We were told that there would also be a tax applied since we were in a US port, however it didn't appear on our bill.

Question, if you don’t mind. Have all the cabins been renovated?

Our experience last March was that the carpets and draperies had been replaced, and some furniture, but that's about it.

Question, if you don’t mind. Have all the cabins been renovated?
I can only speak to the 3 cabins we've had on Deck 8 forward, but as Bob said, the carpet and drapes appear new. The sofas and sofa bed don't appear new, but don't appear very old either. Everything else looks like it's been here a while.

We finished the evening at the Welcome Aboard show. Despite having gone last week, it felt totally fresh with a new cruise director and comedian. Plus it's only our daughter's second cruise, first with Royal, and she wanted to go.

Day Nine (Two)

First sea day of week two. We've been doing 20 kts since leaving Bayonne. Seas were choppier today than anything we experienced during week one. Nothing dramatic, but the ship has definitely had more roll today. After breakfast, we caught sight of several small boats out fishing off the coast of the Carolinas. Now those vessels were rolling and pitching. Not my idea of fun, but more power to them.

Had lunch in main dining, which was a first for us. As with breakfast, it's a bit more relaxed than the Windjammer, but was still pretty busy. I tried the turkey burger and Tutti salad.

Later in the afternoon, we lost yet another musical trivia game at the Schooner, but then won a puzzle game. The prize was our first key chains. My wife got an extra one for "being crazy". So now we're halfway to having enough to trade in for a highlighter.

Dinner was the first formal night of week two, and pictures with the captain. Afterwards, we went to see Invitation to Dance again, which if you've been paying attention, would normally be the end to our evening. But we instead went up two flights to the Imperial Lounge for the Majority Rules game show, where our team won again!This time we each received a bag-in-a-bag, a prize I hadn't seen before. No word on what we can trade those in for.

As crazy as it may sound, we then went all the way up to Deck 14, for the Silent Disco at Blue Moon and Viking Crown. If you've never been to one, everyone wears headphones to hear the music. It was great fun, and and a fitting end to our day.

Now I think I've finally wound down enough to call it night.