Allergy to Down/Feather

histiomom

We are going on our first ever cruise in just a few months — a river cruise on Viking. We are beyond excited! I have a question that I haven’t been able to find answered anywhere in CC or on Viking’s site. Are the pillows and duvets filled with down/feathers? I have a severe allergy to down and must be in a feather free room. I don’t know how to find out and/or who to contact to find out or ask that the room be de-feathered if it is. I look forward to your assistance and advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on our first ever cruise in just a few months — a river cruise on Viking. We are beyond excited! I have a question that I haven’t been able to find answered anywhere in CC or on Viking’s site. Are the pillows and duvets filled with down/feathers? I have a severe allergy to down and must be in a feather free room. I don’t know how to find out and/or who to contact to find out or ask that the room be de-feathered if it is. I look forward to your assistance and advice.

Contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Explain your problem in brief--and include if you have any other allergy/food/medical issues while you are at it. Give them your booking number and a phone number. They will call you back to discuss the details. I also suggest that you call them again right before you leave and ask them to confirm with the ship that they are prepared for your arrival.

Contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Explain your problem in brief--and include if you have any other allergy/food/medical issues while you are at it. Give them your booking number and a phone number. They will call you back to discuss the details. I also suggest that you call them again right before you leave and ask them to confirm with the ship that they are prepared for your arrival.

Thank you very much.

I have the same issue and my agent let them know and asked them to ensue that our cabin and hotel rooms were free of feather filled products. One hotel didn't get the memo and we had to wait until they came and changed out the entire bed, blankets, sheets and all. Save yourself some time and let your cruise director know when you get on board (if there are any mid/post cruise hotels) so they can reach out to your hotels in advance and double check.