can i have flowers delivered to a ship?

larasmom

The flowers from Carnival look just like the picture on their web page, and are very nice. We were very pleased.

We were also able to bring them off the ship in Mobile, after close Customs inspection. Ports do vary though.

my mom and dad are sailing on the carnival liberty on january 15th......which happens to be my mom's 65th birthday.

i wanted to know if i am allowed to have flowers delivered to the ship or do i have to order them thru carnival?

i can get 3 dozen roses that come in a vase from somewhere for $30 where carnival wants $50 for 2 dozen roses.

I had the $48 rose assortment delivered on the Carnival Valor last week from the Formalities shop. The flowers were fresh and looked as good at the end of the cruise as they did when delivered.

My mom passed them on to our assistant waiter Saturday night as she was fabulous.

Shirley' date='

Just wanted to "thank you" for the helpful hints, especially the one about putting the flowers in baskets! Sure makes a difference. Also do these look familiar? They were just wonderful, and our room steward took them had them on our dinner table on our Anniversary.[/quote']

Yep I do remember them very well especially the mylar balloons and I remember the reason why they had to be the colors they were. As I said, cruisers just don't realize the difference it makes when you want floral arrangements in your rooms and what the weather conditions are so this is why we always suggest baskets regardless of where or whom they are ordered from. Now I believe most floral arrangements look awesome in a vase container but again can be so unsteady. Anyhow thanks for sharing and it was good hearing from you again.

Always

Shirley

This is not about ordering flowers to be delivered to a ship. I read in this post that you could not bring flowers on the ship yourself. In April 2007 I took flowers from Venice onto the ship and in Tahiti everyone took flowers on the ship. No one cared. Next time I go on a cruise from the USA I will buy flowers from the grocery store before reaching the ship. If they take them away I am only out $6.00 to $12.00 depending on what I buy. Also if they take them away I will give them to one of the workers at the termial. Their are so many that are really helpful.

Jean

Also try "Just Because of You". They also make "custom" made baskets.

Although their website is small, give them a call, Shelley is the absolute best. http://justbecause.addictscay.com/ - 800-882-9707.

Shelly is a very very special friend and person. We have been friends for a number of years and yes she did a beautiful baskets for a family that were sailing out of Miami for me who had lost not their daughter and their 2 granddaughters in a horrible fire cause by a computer too close to curtains. I wanted something just to let them know I was thinking about them and yep Shelly didn't fail me. Last year Shelly lost her only sibbling Lori who was not only her business partner but her bestest friend and she has struggled with the lost of Lori. I have the deepest respect for her and she has for me.

Always

Shirley

Archived