can i have flowers delivered to a ship?

larasmom

my mom and dad are sailing on the carnival liberty on january 15th......which happens to be my mom's 65th birthday.

i wanted to know if i am allowed to have flowers delivered to the ship or do i have to order them thru carnival?

i can get 3 dozen roses that come in a vase from somewhere for $30 where carnival wants $50 for 2 dozen roses.

I think that you can only order them thru Carnival...but not sure. Maybe check with some local floral shops of the embarkation city. They would more than likely know.

I have read though that passengers are not allowed to take their flowers off the ship with them at the end of the cruise - so keep that in mind!! Also, cabins don't have a lot of room in them (I don't know what kind of cabin your parents will have) so you may want to keep that in mind too when ordering your flowers - making sure that they will have a place for them!

Good luck! I am sure that there will be others here that will be able to tell you from experience what they did with ordering flowers!!

There are a few companies that deliver to cruise ships... you can't just call 1800FLOWERS and have them delivered as far as I know... many of the companies that do deliver, are nearly as much if not more than Carnival.. but your TA should have a list of companies for the port you are looking at. As Stir said, one is well wishers, and I believe one is bon voyage gifts?? Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Wellwishers.com has served me well in the past. I have also had some really nice arrangements from Carnival that lasted the duration of the cruise.

If you have a Travel Agent, he/she should be able to help you with a delivery to the stateroom.

Wellwishers.com looks amazing. How many times have you used them? I'm worried that it wouldn't work properly....thanks...

hmmmmmmm

i contacted carnival and they told me due to security reasons flowers or any other item cannot be delivered to the ship.

You can call carnival many times with the same question and get different answers.

We are having a wedding onboard and Carnival was crazy with their prices so we inquired about having our own sent- and was told no- no live flowers can be bought onto the ship.

You can call carnival many times with the same question and get different answers.

We are having a wedding onboard and Carnival was crazy with their prices so we inquired about having our own sent- and was told no- no live flowers can be bought onto the ship.

We had a wedding on board also. They also told us no flowers can be brought on board. Their flowers were too high.......so we had ours done in silk........

Wellwishers.com looks amazing. How many times have you used them? I'm worried that it wouldn't work properly....thanks...

Several times in the past 10 years...and once again for my July 19 sailing.

As for Carnival's flowers, they have always been in the stateroom when I arrived, and lasted the whole cruise.

I have never attempted to remove them from the ship, however.

When DH and myself boarded the Liberty in April, our friends had ordered a beautiful spray of tropical flowers and had them waiting for us in our cabin.What a wonderful surprise that was. I may add, they lasted the whole of the cruise.:)

The only other choice I know other than ordering from Carnival is from http://www.wellwishers.com

Hope this helps, but, I don't think they'll be less expensive than Carnival, in general, they tend to be a bit higher but, quality is good.

...and if you don't see something you like on the website, contact them and they will get what you want! Great company and they've been around a LONG time.

(within guidelines, of course!)

...and if you don't see something you like on the website, contact them and they will get what you want! Great company and they've been around a LONG time.

(within guidelines, of course!)

Stircrzy - have you used "well wishers" a lot? I guess my concern is that I'll order them and then there will be problem getting them delivered to my room. Also, when you ordered them, were they waiting for you in your cabin? What have you ordered from "well wishers"? The woman I spoke with on the phone, Stephanie, was fantastic. She told me that they can pretty much do a custom job...i.e., I can pretty much get whatever I want. The cheapest tropical arrangment is $75, plus $8 fee to get it onto the ship. Carnival's "tropical arrangment" is $40...I suppose that the quality and size the of "well wishers" arrangment will be much nicer, but still its a lot of money..... Maybe Carnival's "tropical arrangment" will be just as nice?

I have used Wellwishers since around 1987 with deliveries to several different cruise lines. I have always been extremely happy with my items. I am NOT a travel agent, just a satisfied customer.

I've ordered the instant party basket, the gourmet candy baskets, floral arrangements, soft drinks, and other items. I've even ordered a birthday cake, balloons, and party plates, etc for a daughter's onboard birthday. They were always in the cabin when I arrived, but their website states that you may not receive your delivery until the luggage has been delivered, or even the next day. They do guarantee delivery:

Q: What happens if my gift does not get delivered?

A: As all deliveries are guaranteed, we ask that you contact us immediately so we may investigate the details and reason for non-delivery. We will then offer to redeliver your gift to an alternate location, or provide you with a full refund. If we are unable to provide a copy of a signed delivery receipt, we guarantee a full refund within 30 days of inquiry.

I have also used the Carnival site for floral arrangements, homebaked cookies, etc. If you are more comfortable with the pricing from Carnival, I have had no complaints with anything I've ever ordered from them. Always in the cabin, and nicely displayed.

Wellwishers has the ability to be more flexible, but does cost more.

You'll still get a nice product if you choose Carnival's items, but it won't be "just as nice".

I suppose that the quality and size the of "well wishers" arrangment will be much nicer, but still its a lot of money..... Maybe Carnival's "tropical arrangment" will be just as nice?

remember the cabins are not all that huge and you opnly have the vanity for storing those arrangements which will share space with a telephone, ice buckets among a few other things.

Bigger is not always better

I have used Wellwishers since around 1987 with deliveries to several different cruise lines. I have always been extremely happy with my items. I am NOT a travel agent, just a satisfied customer.

I've ordered the instant party basket, the gourmet candy baskets, floral arrangements, soft drinks, and other items. I've even ordered a birthday cake, balloons, and party plates, etc for a daughter's onboard birthday. They were always in the cabin when I arrived, but their website states that you may not receive your delivery until the luggage has been delivered, or even the next day. They do guarantee delivery:

Q: What happens if my gift does not get delivered?

A: As all deliveries are guaranteed, we ask that you contact us immediately so we may investigate the details and reason for non-delivery. We will then offer to redeliver your gift to an alternate location, or provide you with a full refund. If we are unable to provide a copy of a signed delivery receipt, we guarantee a full refund within 30 days of inquiry.

I have also used the Carnival site for floral arrangements, homebaked cookies, etc. If you are more comfortable with the pricing from Carnival, I have had no complaints with anything I've ever ordered from them. Always in the cabin, and nicely displayed.

Wellwishers has the ability to be more flexible, but does cost more.

You'll still get a nice product if you choose Carnival's items, but it won't be "just as nice".

Stircrazy - I just wanted to give you a BIG thank you for the detailed information. I think you helped me make up my mind regarding using Well Wishers. The arrangment just looks so beautiful:

(http://www.wellwishers.com/TRP2-p-USBonVoyageGifts-FL-MIAMI.html)

And I feel like I just want to make my cruise even that more special with a beautiful floral arrangment.

Glad to have been able to help out!

Regardless of which provider you choose, you'll be happy. Flowers just seem to make the accommodations a little more "home-y".

Have a great cruise. :D

• 2 weeks later...

As a vendor that delivers to the ships here in Port Canaveral, can I make a few suggestion? One of the things you want to be aware of is that due to maybe rough waters etc, try to order your flowers in a basket for they won't tip over as easy and also request to have them made front sided simple due to the fact that the flowers are placed maybe on a dresser etc and its best to have the flowers facing you and not the wall for more enjoyment besides it will look fuller for the monies. Roses do not look good in baskets (unless other flowers are added) but we always send some sticky tape that can be attached to the bottom, but it must be requested for we do not know where they will be placed. You also want some long lasting flowers so that you can enjoy them throughout your cruise but you must make sure you do water them often. do not put them where the sunlight hits them direct or on top of TV where heat is produce. These are just some hints that help you enjoy your flowers just a little bit longer. You can also find a florist in the area that you will be sailing from that caters to the cruise ships and order direct instead of going through a wire service. It will save you monies.

Hope these little hints will helped when ordering your floral arrangements and hope I didn't offend anyone by these hints.

Always

Shirley

As a vendor that delivers to the ships here in Port Canaveral, can I make a few suggestion? One of the things you want to be aware of is that due to maybe rough waters etc, try to order your flowers in a basket for they won't tip over as easy and also request to have them made front sided simple due to the fact that the flowers are placed maybe on a dresser etc and its best to have the flowers facing you and not the wall for more enjoyment besides it will look fuller for the monies. Roses do not look good in baskets (unless other flowers are added) but we always send some sticky tape that can be attached to the bottom, but it must be requested for we do not know where they will be placed. You also want some long lasting flowers so that you can enjoy them throughout your cruise but you must make sure you do water them often. do not put them where the sunlight hits them direct or on top of TV where heat is produce. These are just some hints that help you enjoy your flowers just a little bit longer. You can also find a florist in the area that you will be sailing from that caters to the cruise ships and order direct instead of going through a wire service. It will save you monies.

Hope these little hints will helped when ordering your floral arrangements and hope I didn't offend anyone by these hints.

Always

Shirley

Shirley,

Just wanted to "thank you" for the helpful hints, especially the one about putting the flowers in baskets! Sure makes a difference. Also do these look familiar? They were just wonderful, and our room steward took them had them on our dinner table on our Anniversary.

1245627871_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS159.jpg.5a731229ae0f5d93e2c557d346ba8112.jpg

189496180_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS053.jpg.ca41d6b807ebef1c35c07613e77fe559.jpg

694410464_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS020.jpg.2875b0f3728feeba9ff7e4d9bfb4bd52.jpg

Archived