Anthem, 6/14/18 for 9 nights. A quick overview and thoughts.

To the Op, did you notice a dessert buffet table with a chocolate fountain upon entering "The Grande" for lunch on sea days. Hope to enjoy this bevy of goodies and the buffet lunch on our upcoming Aug. 23rd sail.

To the Op, did you notice a dessert buffet table with a chocolate fountain upon entering "The Grande" for lunch on sea days. Hope to enjoy this bevy of goodies and the buffet lunch on our upcoming Aug. 23rd sail.

Did not go to The Grande for lunch on a sea day. Something to look forward too. Have an awesome time in August!

Thank you for your review. We are on Anthem next month for 9 nights to NE/Canada. Very excited to experience this ship. I plan to go back and re-read your review and make notes!

Thanks again, and I'm so glad you had such a great cruise[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

They had this available last August when I cruised on Anthem.

Yep, it was there on the 6-14 cruise. They actually had 2 buffets in the Grande, a fondue/salad bar to the left, and a cake buffet to the right.

Lunch in the Grande was as good a meal we had all trip, and we ate at Wonderland and Chops, it was that good.

Yep, it was there on the 6-14 cruise. They actually had 2 buffets in the Grande, a fondue/salad bar to the left, and a cake buffet to the right.

Lunch in the Grande was as good a meal we had all trip, and we ate at Wonderland and Chops, it was that good.

Yes, I enjoy breakfast and lunch in the MDR (Grande). Love the Pasta & Taco station at the buffet lunch.

Question for the OP - When was the second formal night on your cruise? We cruise the Anthem next week on the same itinerary and I have heard conflicting info.

Thanks!!

Night 2 and Night 8 are the formal nights. Have fun!

Your review was great! We were on that cruise as well...loved the ship. We had signed up for the Meet and mingle

But didn't get our notice :(

Thank you. I was for the most part off grid but did check our CC Roll Call when we got home and saw that a few members were trying to alert us to what was happening. The CD mentioned there was a computer glitch. They did have some good raffle items and plenty of them too. Sorry to hear you did not get your invite.

Two things that should have been included in the review.

1. Both my wife and I have iPhones and we both uploaded the Royal IQ app. She used the wifi package all week and it worked well for the most part, most of the time. So we both put our phones in airplane mode and we both connected to Royal Wifi.

The Royal IQ app - no need to bring the compass in paper form all around the ship. Also, you can see what time your reservations for dinner, shows, Northstar, etc with the push of a button.

Yes, you can text anyone with an iPhone, whether they are on the ship or not. Because I did not use the wifi plan on my device, I could not upload or see texted pictures from the kids but we could type out messages to each other. How convenient! One other weird thing, the kids could see pictures I texted them from the ship. For me, the texting was immediate most of the time. Sometimes or some places, I might of received a number of texts the kids had sent earlier in the day. My only intent for my phone that week was for camera usage. It was fun sharing stuff with the kids at home.

2. Wow bands - pretty useful for us. For $5 an easier way to get into your cabin at minimum. Easy to use for drinks and towels. I was in the pool with mine everyday and never had an issue using it anywhere. I did not wear it at night but easily could have.

Night 2 and Night 8 are the formal nights. Have fun!

Thank you!! That is exactly what I thought and then I read night 7 - which is a port day so it made no sense to me.

Another question - Did you have a White Party on board? If so, what night was it?

Edited by ladylyn915
left out a question