Cenote Recommendation

remaxlu

I'll be in Cozumel on the Glory in July. I'm looking for a cenote excursion, preferable one that allows you to float or snorkel through a cenote. Other than the secret river "Rio Secreto" what else is out there. Any recommendations are appreciated, if I don't find anything else I'll likely book the secret river through the cruise line.

I'll be in Cozumel on the Glory in July. I'm looking for a cenote excursion, preferable one that allows you to float or snorkel through a cenote. Other than the secret river "Rio Secreto" what else is out there. Any recommendations are appreciated, if I don't find anything else I'll likely book the secret river through the cruise line.

You need to go to the mainland so you may not have time

Xcaret eco-archaeological Park, they have the underground river and snorkeling

We did one last year that was amazing thru Carnival. You get to swim in 4 different cenotes and can snorkel if you bring your own gear. One has a high jump, one you zip line and drop, one has a cave and one you canoe across. Little bit of easy hiking in between and after you are done you have an authentic Mayan meal prepared by a family that lives on the property. It was absolutely delicious. It's called "Cenote Hopping with Lunch" and I highly recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...
We did one last year that was amazing thru Carnival. You get to swim in 4 different cenotes and can snorkel if you bring your own gear. One has a high jump, one you zip line and drop, one has a cave and one you canoe across. Little bit of easy hiking in between and after you are done you have an authentic Mayan meal prepared by a family that lives on the property. It was absolutely delicious. It's called "Cenote Hopping with Lunch" and I highly recommend it.

I saw the canoe on the Carnival site and skipped right over this! Thanks for the info! This sounds perfect for our upcoming trip!

We ended up doing the amazing river and shopping. We snorkelled through two caves, had a nice local lunch followed by tequila tasting and then shopping. The guides were great and I felt like it was a good trip for the money but its hard to know how it compared to the secret river. There were two groups of 10 booked on our tour and it looked like The secret river tour had closer to 75.