when to see what

sugarcat

Hi! I saw a review that recommended speaking to the staff early in the cruise to find out the times that we will be approaching the good stuff to see. I'm sorry that I did not get the quote from the review but it seemed like there might be a printout of "at this time, go outside and look on the port side for whatever interesting thing" etc. Am I understanding that right? They had a name for it.

Also lots of mention of commentary or narration, where will I need to be to hear that?

We are sailing on Princess. Thanks so much!

I've never had much luck with asking the crew. Princess usually has a naturalist who is the one who should know areas of interest. The last Princess trip we were on, the naturalist had a table set up with a map that included areas and approximate times of places we'd be passing by of interest. If your trip goes to Glacier Bay, park service staff is picked up as you enter the bay. They provide narration throughout the day and include a dandy map of the area. Seek out the naturalist.

Attend the naturalist talks. On my Star Princess cruise, they had map with approximate times of seeing what and where is the best view. On our sailing, the naturalist was on the bow pointing things out during these times.