Cirque Dreams and Dinner

neilkear

They list Cirque Dreams as entertainment, but you also get dinner. Can you use the dinner package with this dinner theater or is it pay as you go? It's only $12, (+ 20% service and gratuities), but I was wondering.

You can use the dining package there. There is a charge on top of the dining package, so I think you may find that the cost you quote is the amount you pay with the package. If you didn’t have the package it would probably be showing a higher price.

Having said that, it differs between ships, and I haven’t been there for a long time, so I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can use the dining package there, but there is the small upcharge. Otherwise, the cost is $47.99 pp. For what it's worth, I thought the show was really good considering the space they had to work in. The dinner was good; beef tenderloin and lemon pepper shrimp, potato wedges, and broccoli. Trilogy of sweets for dessert.

We had a bunch of OBC to use, so we used our 3 specialty dining options elsewhere and just paid the full price for this show. But note that if you want to use OBC, you can't book the show until you get on board (cannot pre-book with the website).

From the dining promo T/C's:

Package prices are subject to change.

Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package prior to cruise.

20% gratuities on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

Packages are based on a per meal basis.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Dining package is applicable to guest ages 2 and older.

Any Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues, Food Republic, The Bake Shop, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.),

Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15 USD), For the Record ($15 USD),

Ocean Blue ($15 USD), Bayamo ($15 USD), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7 USD), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7 USD), and Raw Bar ($7 USD).

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.

There is no minimum or maximum to the number of meals that can be redeemed in a day, however each meal is counted towards the package.

Thank you one and all! Booked it, used my dining credit. So I have Cagney's, Il Cucina and now Cirque and still have one left.

At least one member of your party should be in line at least one hour before showtime. Your entire party must be on line 30 Minutes before show time when the doors open.

The hostess will seat you first come first serve. Front to back in the theater. Haven guests are seated first through a crew door, so even if you are first in line, you won’t get the best seats.

Dinner service will start shortly after you are seated.

Enjoy!

Good to know. I had heard 30 minutes before showtime.

Doors open 30 minutes to show time. They need to seat the entire theater by show time. You are seated (can't pick your own) by the hostess. Once your table is full, the waiters start drink orders (and food restrictions) and will start to serve food after a short while.

There are those who show up a few minute before showtime, then complain that they are seated at the back of the theater.

We did the Cirque show on the Epic in May as one of our specialty dinners and it was well worth the small upcharge. IMO best entertainment I have ever seen on a cruise ship. We were seated right up front and I thought some of the acrobats were going to lose their grip on the rope they were holding onto and come flying right into the middle of our table. On the Epic it is in a small circus tent type area. Don't think it would hold maybe 100 people max. I am assuming the one in Breakaway is the same. Anyone know? We are looking forward to doing the Cirque show again in November when we do the Breakaway on its inaugural trip out of NOLA. And the surf and turf meal was better than we expected as well.

There are those who show up a few minute before showtime, then complain that they are seated at the back of the theater.

I would be so mad with myself for not knowing better. ;)

Is it bad form for one person to hold the place in line for multiple people?