Another travel insurance question

bbsteh

After seeing what other people have paid for travel insurance, it seems like insurance for an Alasakan tour cruise is twice as much, can you tell me why? I have been quoted from 375 to 700 for 12 days, to compare my friend had a 21 day trip to England and Ireland and only paid about $150.

Check out

STA travel they are a student travel organization but they will insure ANYONE. They price their insurance by how long the coverage is needed.They are underwritten by Berkely Care. I believe that princess or celebrity use Berkely Care for their travel insurance . (STA TRAVEL dot COM minus spaces)

up to 8 days 48.00pp

9-15 days 70.00pp

16-22 days 100.00pp

COVERAGE INCLUDES

trip cancellation total trip cost (20k max)

trip interruption total trip cost (20k max)

trip delay 500.

emergency evac. and

repatriation of remains 250,000

medical expense 100,000

baggage/personal effects 1,500

baggage delay 500.

accidental death & dismemberment

air common carrier 50,000

any other circumstance 20,000

24 hr assistance

emergency cash transfer assistance

medical assistance

travelers assistance

Check out

STA travel they are a student travel organization but they will insure ANYONE. They price their insurance by how long the coverage is needed.They are underwritten by Berkely Care. I believe that princess or celebrity use Berkely Care for their travel insurance . (STA TRAVEL dot COM minus spaces)

up to 8 days 48.00pp

9-15 days 70.00pp

16-22 days 100.00pp

COVERAGE INCLUDES

trip cancellation total trip cost (20k max)

trip interruption total trip cost (20k max)

trip delay 500.

emergency evac. and

repatriation of remains 250,000

medical expense 100,000

baggage/personal effects 1,500

baggage delay 500.

accidental death & dismemberment

air common carrier 50,000

any other circumstance 20,000

24 hr assistance

emergency cash transfer assistance

medical assistance

travelers assistance

According to the policy description "This plan has been designed expressly for STA Travel customers by AEIFS, Inc." I Didn't see any cruises on this site.

"Expressly" does not mean you have to purchase your travel arrangements from STA. Cruises are included in this travel coverage, if you look at the Description of Coverage page you will see all the fine print, including:

"TRIP CANCELLATION

Non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the Travel Supplier and/or airfare cancellation charges for flights joining or departing Your Land/Sea Arrangements..." This is the same wording in most cruise insurance policies, including the ones administered by Berkley Care, as this is.

Does anyone know for sure that you can purchase insurance from them without having to book anything with them? Can you just call them and get the insurance and not buy anything else from them?

Laura

Does anyone know for sure that you can purchase insurance from them without having to book anything with them? Can you just call them and get the insurance and not buy anything else from them?

Laura

I stand corrected, I called the 800 number and was told that the plans are available to anyone regardless of how the travel is booked!

Archived