portable ship phones

From what I have been told they are portable phones from your room that you can use on the ship to call anywhere on the ship. Or if you have kids you can give them the portable phone and then call your room from any house phone on the ship and the room phone will ring wherever the person (that has the portable phone) is on the ship

This is not a phone that you can call home with, just on the ship

I could be wrong but this is how I was told they work. They are only available in Grand Suites and higher categories

As to how many you get, I don't know because we haven't sailed yet. Hopefully someone that has been in a suite can answer that

From what I have been told they are portable phones from your room that you can use on the ship to call anywhere on the ship. Or if you have kids you can give them the portable phone and then call your room from any house phone on the ship and the room phone will ring wherever the person (that has the portable phone) is on the ship

This is not a phone that you can call home with, just on the ship

I could be wrong but this is how I was told they work. They are only available in Grand Suites and higher categories

As to how many you get, I don't know because we haven't sailed yet. Hopefully someone that has been in a suite can answer that

You sure about the phones only being available to Grand suites and higher? If so, I know for a fact that there is then a different phone that is available to anyone from the Purser's Desk for $25 for the week. Only works on the ship though as has been stated.

You sure about the phones only being available to Grand suites and higher? If so, I know for a fact that there is then a different phone that is available to anyone from the Purser's Desk for $25 for the week. Only works on the ship though as has been stated.

They are free for suite guests, I didn't realize they had them for a fee for anyone not in a suite. First time on Rccl and learning lots of new info

The concierge contacted me one week prior to our leaving via email. His name is Cesar. He asked if we wanted reservations ahead of time for the restaurants and spa appointments. The ship phones are the ones that you use while on the ship to contact your room and keep in touch with members of your party. Looks like a walky talky. Hope this helps.

They are called dect phones and are available only on Voyager class ships.

I always incorrectly called them deck phones. They are portable and a little larger than a cell phone. I usually rent two of them for $25 each. They will provide the phone and charger which plugs into the three (?) prong socket on the desk. The only drawback is that they must be returned by 6PM on the last night which is always a bad time to wait on the line at Guest Relations. They were never offered free when I was in a suite but it is on the list of suite perks - I just never asked for it. I'm sure they only offer one phone per suite which would be fine for me because I would give it to my 13 year old so I would know where he is at all times. I rent two of them so he can track me down when I'm out of the cabin.

Dotsie

We rented dect phones on the Navigator in '04. Set of 2. However, the only directions were in German! LOL We figured them out thru trial and error. The first week of our b2b, they were out of them the first day, so we missed out. Very convienent if you each have different interests, and activities during the time onboard!

Archived