Rabbies Tours....should I buy admissions online?

We have a tour booked on Rabbies out of Edinburgh to Rosslyn Chapel & Melrose Abbey. I know we are responsible to pay the admissions to attractions. Is it advisable to pre-purchase these tickets to save time?

I emailed Rabbies but haven’t gotten an answer.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We used them in Edinburgh & we very happy with our tour. Our driver/guide was very knowledgeable & friendly. While I can’t comment on the tour you are thinking of, I would recommend the company based on my experience. Have fun!

I am thinking of using Rabbies for a day tour from London to costwolds and oxford. Have you used them yet and if so were you happy with them?

I used them for a 5 day tour in the southwest a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Much depends on the guide you get, of course, but in general they’re fun and will give you bits of history, tell stories etc and answer questions along the drive then leave you to your own devices once you get to your destination. In my experience, they’ll have some suggestions if you need them, but otherwise will give you a time to be back at the bus and let you decide what you want to do until then, so not good if you want more continuous guiding & aren’t comfortable wandering around on your own (or possibly with others on the tour if they’re social). If you have something specific you really want to see, I’d definitely research in advance so you can make the most of the time you have in each place, as it goes by quickly. Cotswolds and Oxford are both still on my must-do list - have a great time!

Make sure you ask for the audio headset guides at both of these stops, they are a really good way to hear all the history and self guide round the Chapel and Melrose Abbey if you are not being guided.

Have you read the Devinci code? It’s part of what has made Rosslyn famous (though not historically accurate)

Rosslyn Chapel is out on its own however Melrose abbey is right in the middle of the pretty town of Melrose. If you have time there are some quaint shops, tearooms etc to visit on the small Main Street. There is also a wooden mill near the abbey, as you come out of the entrance it is down to your right and the Main Street up to your left.

There is an introductory talk about Rosslyn Chapel on the hour from one of the guides and we found it very helpful. You will be surprised how small it is but you will definitely recognise it and the adjoining house from the Da Vinci Code. You've obviously booked a tour but it's possible to visit Rosslyn on the local bus fro anybody else who's interested and I can give directions