Carnival Horizon Meridian Dining Room Bar?

tap_out

Just watched a walk around video on youtube of this dining room. Soon as you walk in there is a big wrap around bar on the main level. Is this functional during diner time? Are you able to sit here and have your dinner? Dont ever remember seeing a setup like this before on any other ship.

yes, we ate dinner at the bar one night. we had to still check in and be seated there, we didn't just walk up and seat ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

How was the service? Just asked to be seated at the bar? my wife and I really enjoy sitting at the bar while we eat. I guess its being able to interact with the bar tenders

How was the service? Just asked to be seated at the bar? my wife and I really enjoy sitting at the bar while we eat. I guess its being able to interact with the bar tenders
We did ask at check-in to be seated at the bar. This may have caused some confusion when we got to the dining room because the hostess started to lead us to a table (that was already occupied) until we explained that we wanted to sit at the bar. Then, we weren't 'assigned' seats, so we sat on the corners, like we usually do. This caused some additional confusion because by doing so, we inadvertently sat in 2 different servers' sections. The one server that assisted us assured us it was ok, and took very good care of us.

The bar service was very good as well, and we did interact with the bartenders. One funny thing was that when we ordered our drinks, the one bartender didn't run our card to pay. When we were getting ready to leave, I asked the other one to settle up and she was very confused that we hadn't paid. Thinking about it now, that was odd, I don't think I've ever ordered a drink on a ship and not immediately handed over my card.

It was definitely interesting to watch the bartenders and the wait staff work together, you could tell who got along and who didn't, lol.

We did ask at check-in to be seated at the bar. This may have caused some confusion when we got to the dining room because the hostess started to lead us to a table (that was already occupied) until we explained that we wanted to sit at the bar. Then, we weren't 'assigned' seats, so we sat on the corners, like we usually do. This caused some additional confusion because by doing so, we inadvertently sat in 2 different servers' sections. The one server that assisted us assured us it was ok, and took very good care of us.

The bar service was very good as well, and we did interact with the bartenders. One funny thing was that when we ordered our drinks, the one bartender didn't run our card to pay. When we were getting ready to leave, I asked the other one to settle up and she was very confused that we hadn't paid. Thinking about it now, that was odd, I don't think I've ever ordered a drink on a ship and not immediately handed over my card.

It was definitely interesting to watch the bartenders and the wait staff work together, you could tell who got along and who didn't, lol.

Thanks a lot for this info. Were definitely going to try and sit at the bar

Did a lot of people sit at the bar? So even though you sat at the bar....you had a server? Usually it seems like bartenders act as servers when you sit at bars. Did the server go behind the bar to take your order or do you have to spin around?

I know there were at least 3 other parties that were eating at the bar during the time we sat there, there may have been 1 or 2 additional groups just having drinks.

Those bartenders were so busy with the drink orders for the dining room, I don't think they could take food orders as well. We had a serving team who was actually quite good; they had a table of 14-16 and other tables as well, but they were spot on. Since we were sitting on the corner of the bar, ordering and such wasn't a big deal physically, but I could see how it might be if you were sitting on the straight parts.