mco to port of tampa

cthrn27

:eek:It's been a crazy year and I waited too long... we are sailing from Port of Tampa, and flying into Orlando was less expensive AND had available seats. All seemed good. Now I'm struggling with the details. IF we rent a car at MCO and drive to Tampa (day before cruise), where do I drop off the car? Do I go to Tampa airport? then to get to hotel do I have to actually go TO THE AIRPORT to grab a hotel shuttle? Uber? any suggestions appreciated!

Avis and Hertz had hotel offices very close to the port, and Enterprise is also close by (couple of miles) and should shuttle you. If you get a better deal dropping the car off at TPA a taxi to the port will run about $27+tip (Uber or Lyft will be under $20 ;) ).

Westshore is the area near the TPA airport with lots of hotels and dining options. Several hotels in the Rocky Point area offer both airport and port shuttles, or stay where you want & keep the car until the morning of your cruise; drop it off and then taxi/Uber/shuttle to the port. :cool:

Have a great cruise! :D

I stay at the Holiday Inn in Rocky Point, they have a free shuttle to pick you up at the airport if your drop your rental there. They will also shuttle you to the Port of Tampa for $10 to $20 dollars per person. You could also drive right to the hotel, then take your rental back to the airport, then call for the free shuttle ride to the hotel. This way you don't have to load your stuff on the shuttle and off at the hotel.