Any tips / best practices for booking show reservations ?

Sailing on Allure in October. First time on a ship that has reservations for shows. Any tips on what/when to book. Have a three dinner speciality package too. Just trying to figure out what shows and times to book in advance online, when I can only make speciality dinner reservations once onboard. Definitely want to see Mamma Mia, Blue Planet, Ocean Aria, and the ice shows. Thanks. BTW, my online booking of entertainment has not opened yet, but will be very soon I hope.

Our favorite ship!! My advice would be to book the diving show at the Aqua Theatre early in your cruise. This show is susceptible to weather. If your show should get cancelled due to weather or rough seas, you want to be sure you have plenty of opportunities to reschedule.

You just have to try your best. If you want to eat earlier (6ish) then book shows that would give you at least 90 min after that to eat and make it to the venue before reservations are released. If you don't care when you eat, book the shows you want and then book reservations onboard around them. Theater shows tend to have plenty of standby seating (though they won't be the best seats). Diving shows, ice shows, and comedy shows are more reservation dependent.

does anyone know when the shows usually start?

For example, the first night on the Allure - when would it usually have the Aqua show?

doesn't the booking screen on 'plan your cruise' on the rccl website not show the times/choices of shows?

doesn't the booking screen on 'plan your cruise' on the rccl website not show the times/choices of shows?
this information is not available for our March 2019 sailing as of this moment.

Recent Compass:

thanks! I did a search with a word Patter, but I guess on RCCL it's called Compass. :)