Havana cabins on the Horizon

NSAHO79

Hi there,

We have booked a Havana cabin on the Horizon. We have never booked this type of cabin before so I was wondering if you get any special perks with this category? Do you get faster embarkation lines or anything? Thanks.

How do you book a cabin category and then not now anything about what you booked? The information is readily available on Carnival's website, even if you booked with a TA.

It was a self serve continental type breakfast. There was also a small breakfast set up at the Ocean Plaza area which is a great space. Hardly anyone was there in the morning, didn't have as much variety as the Marketplace though.

Continental implies just pastries and coffee. They have scrambled eggs, bacon, and other items, too.

We just returned from Horizon's 7/3 sailing and had an aft wrap in the Havana area. When we booked this cruise our cabin was not a Havana cabin - we just wanted an aft wrap (yes, we're balcony snobs:D). After we booked, our cabin was included in Havana. You do get nicer chairs and loungers on the balcony and they have branded shampoo and body wash in the bathrooms. Although we weren't planning for Havana, it was really a great plus. The loungers were hard to come by, but we're not sun worshipers and had no problem finding seats in the shade. And the pool was wonderful - never crowded and no kids. (The main pools looked awful - wall to wall people and lots of kids splashing.) I think the youngest person I saw was about 15. My description of Havana is "Serenity, but better.:)" They did check for wristbands when we were there.

After 7 p.m. the area is opened up and the pools are available until midnight. While there were people that used the area, it was only on the last night that I saw a large crowd.

Are children, like 7 year old excellent swimmer, well mannered, children allowed in the pool in the daytime if your family has a Havana Cabin.?

It is confusing g to me. Should like sort of a copy of The Haven that NCL has had for some time. We quit sailing on NCL because it was going to difference classes for passengers… First.., second Class and Steerage. I would rather pay more and not have elite areas, and we don't even use the pool. Grandchild does when she is with us.

Are children, like 7 year old excellent swimmer, well mannered, children allowed in the pool in the daytime if your family has a Havana Cabin.?

It is confusing g to me. Should like sort of a copy of The Haven that NCL has had for some time. We quit sailing on NCL because it was going to difference classes for passengers… First.., second Class and Steerage. I would rather pay more and not have elite areas, and we don't even use the pool. Grandchild does when she is with us.

Sorry - they won't let you book a Havana cabin with someone under 12, and if the under-12 is in a non-Havana cabin they cannot be in Havana until after 7. I understand where you're coming from - one of my thoughts during the Platinum/Diamond party video that had a clip of Ted Arison is that I'm not sure Ted would have gone for something like Havana. However, I think it's getting harder to find ships that don't offer these types of perks. And this one is fairly modest.

Sorry min age in Havana pool area daytime is 12 yrs. Not sure what you mean by NCL having multi class categories ala Titanic. Most areas are accessible to all with the exception of Haven. #fakenews

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not following you. You have your own private balcony still, it’s the back pool area with loungers and sun beds and whirlpools that are exclusive during the day and evening. Very few people actually go back there anyway after 7pm. Beats having to battle the masses to lay out or go swimming/use a whirlpool during the day. That’s the only way I would ever do another Vista class.

I'm not sure I follow :confused:. How is a balcony that people walk by and can see you private? Or how is a balcony that is open on both sides so your neighbors can see you private? The idea of having this special pool area reserved for a small percentage of cruisers is great but the balconies are no way private.

I wish they would include a few private balconies besides aft balconies. I would definitely book a Havana cabin then

I'm not sure I follow :confused:. How is a balcony that people walk by and can see you private? Or how is a balcony that is open on both sides so your neighbors can see you private? The idea of having this special pool area reserved for a small percentage of cruisers is great but the balconies are no way private.

I wish they would include a few private balconies besides aft balconies. I would definitely book a Havana cabin then

Private as in your space. The balconies aren’t only Havana Cabanas as there are the aft cabins as well. You do have “private” space if you are close enough to the balcony door that you can’t be viewed from above and the sides are totally blocked with the aft cabins. I know as I had one myself.

No. It doesn’t matter if they are good swimmers, well behaved, whatever. If they are under 12 then they can’t be booked in Havana. And if you aren’t booked there, you aren’t welcome no matter who you are until after 7pm. Sounds blunt I know, but that’s how I am. Straight and to the point.

No. It doesn’t matter if they are good swimmers, well behaved, whatever. If they are under 12 then they can’t be booked in Havana. And if you aren’t booked there, you aren’t welcome no matter who you are until after 7pm. Sounds blunt I know, but that’s how I am. Straight and to the point.

I'm so glad someone said it bluntly. I booked the havana and cruise during the school year precisely because I cant stand kids and the havana is the perfect sanctuary away from small children (mainly designed for couples). Nothing ruins my cruise faster than being surrounded by kids. I feel like people who want to bring their kids into the Havana area have no consideration for others.

(before someone goes through my post history and brings up my lack of caring for the MDR dress code. A- Nobody pays extra to eat in the MDR B- What I wear doesnt change the taste of someone elses food nor does it ruin their "experience" and C- Having kids around me while im trying to enjoy my, for the most part, adults only pool area will definitely negatively affect my experience)

The last time I was on NCL, which was in 2007, I got into an elevator. When it stopped, I did not know where I was. A crew member rushed over and told me I was not supposed to be there. Something about the ship set to certain decks, someone had forgotten to set the switch..something. I Apologized , and we chatted for a bit, he asked me is I would like to see more. So we did. A pool.,.lovely as I remember it. A few people around it. One cabin which was not one of the big ones, but it was nice. Then he went on the elevator with me and I wound up in the food area, where I had been headed. I loved the item's on the children's buffet they had then for lunch. Cookies. Mac and Cheese. Saw a few adults over on that side too.

We had a good cruise, We did pack our documents in our luggage. But we had a mini Suite and had access to a "planner" and she had them in our hands very quickly.

We have never sailed on NCL to this day. Have Nothing against them. But I am Scotch Irish and they never forgot the days of penal deportations to the New World ( Real Criminals were hung then, these were prisoners of war, political prisoners, Catholics, a few Jewish People fleeing the Spanish Inquisition which still raged in Europe at that time, and lots and lots of Scotch People who supported the Stuarts And Irish Political enemies)

Just don't like class separations of that degree. Suites and such.,.with perks., .are still in the common community. Entire parts of the ship with no access to other passengers is creepy to me. BUT JUST ME. Not screaming on anyone else.

How old are those stories ) My family in Alabama still eats Chocolate Pudding. Which is pudding, layered with wafers, then topped with whipped cream, or meringue That is a Trifle in Scotland and England. Still cook biscuits almost every day. ( My Mother did.) They are scones in Scotland or close enough to not make a difference.

On and On. The USA has a great heritage. We come from people who were survivors. And in my opinion, Americans are a good and decent people who have done much good in this world and have not been recognized for being so and doing so. .

The last time I was on NCL, which was in 2007, I got into an elevator. When it stopped, I did not know where I was. A crew member rushed over and told me I was not supposed to be there. Something about the ship set to certain decks, someone had forgotten to set the switch..something. I Apologized , and we chatted for a bit, he asked me is I would like to see more. So we did. A pool.,.lovely as I remember it. A few people around it. One cabin which was not one of the big ones, but it was nice. Then he went on the elevator with me and I wound up in the food area, where I had been headed. I loved the item's on the children's buffet they had then for lunch. Cookies. Mac and Cheese. Saw a few adults over on that side too.

We had a good cruise, We did pack our documents in our luggage. But we had a mini Suite and had access to a "planner" and she had them in our hands very quickly.

We have never sailed on NCL to this day. Have Nothing against them. But I am Scotch Irish and they never forgot the days of penal deportations to the New World ( Real Criminals were hung then, these were prisoners of war, political prisoners, Catholics, a few Jewish People fleeing the Spanish Inquisition which still raged in Europe at that time, and lots and lots of Scotch People who supported the Stuarts And Irish Political enemies)

Just don't like class separations of that degree. Suites and such.,.with perks., .are still in the common community. Entire parts of the ship with no access to other passengers is creepy to me. BUT JUST ME. Not screaming on anyone else.

How old are those stories ) My family in Alabama still eats Chocolate Pudding. Which is pudding, layered with wafers, then topped with whipped cream, or meringue That is a Trifle in Scotland and England. Still cook biscuits almost every day. ( My Mother did.) They are scones in Scotland or close enough to not make a difference.

On and On. The USA has a great heritage. We come from people who were survivors. And in my opinion, Americans are a good and decent people who have done much good in this world and have not been recognized for being so and doing so. .

I suppose you don't travel on any planes or trains that offer separate business and first class categories ? What about staying at hotels that offer separate concierge floors only accessible to the upper crust of society ?

I'm kind of torn about the issue of "cordoned off" areas of the ship that are exclusive. If the general areas suffer due to them, then I'm against it. I really don't see how the existence of the Havana significantly detracts from a common area enough to make it undesirable. The inside cabins in the Havana area are sideways and SMALL to make up for the Havana cabana patios and the promenade. I don't think the rear Havana area significantly impacts anything on deck 5.

Yes, the community pools on the lido are probably too small. This is a reoccurring issue on the newer, bigger ships. However, I don't see the Havana area contributing to it. The Haven on NCL ships is another story.

The inside cabins in the Havana area are sideways and SMALL to make up for the Havana cabana patios and the promenade. I don't think the rear Havana area significantly impacts anything on deck 5.

What do you mean by the Havana Interiors are sideways and small? There are only 2 sideways ones which are 5205 and 5208. The rest are the same layout as other insides and from what I can tell the same size. Please explain what you mean.

What do you mean by the Havana Interiors are sideways and small? There are only 2 sideways ones which are 5205 and 5208. The rest are the same layout as other insides and from what I can tell the same size. Please explain what you mean.

I worded it wrong. I meant to say they are "small and (some) sideways to make up for the Havana cabana patios"

I worded it wrong. I meant to say they are "small and (some) sideways to make up for the Havana cabana patios"

They are listed as the same size as other interior cabins at least from what I can see. Also there are other sideways cabins throughout different decks and even different ships including Conquest Class. I don’t think it has anything to do with making room for Havana Cabanas, though.

They are listed as the same size as other interior cabins at least from what I can see. Also there are other sideways cabins throughout different decks and even different ships including Conquest Class. I don’t think it has anything to do with making room for Havana Cabanas, though.

The rooms look smaller on the deck plans for deck 5 than 6, but maybe that's not drawn to scale.

I suppose you don't travel on any planes or trains that offer separate business and first class categories ? What about staying at hotels that offer separate concierge floors only accessible to the upper crust of society ?

Have not flown since 9/11. Now that seats are so cramped, it would take an emergency. We are Hampton Inn fans. Always clean. Good Coffee. Sports Resort or French Quarter at Disney.

My father was an International ( Organizer) for the I.B.E.W.

Never longed to be around the Upper Crust, except for Warren Buffett and Bill Gates who really are two of the best Bridge payers in the USA. Maybe the World. Admire them. The people we meet cruising with Carnival, Princess Hal, playing Trivia with...are interesting , pleasant people. I will stick with them. AND the People on NCL were very nice. As they are on NCI and Celebrity. Just like those three ships the best.

We are fortunate. from our home, it is 30 minutes to Jacksonville. 3 hours to Port Canaveral. Ditto for Tampa. And six hours to fort Lauderdale. Seven hours to Mobile. 5 Hours to Charlestown.