Have 3 days in Stockholm - Seeking advice for best day for Vasa?

We are on Azamara Journey docking at Vartahamnen V523 on Saturday 18 August at 9:30am. I have not been able to find out if the ship runs a shuttle, and if so, where it drops off.

We overnight and disembark on Sunday 19 August and will taxi to Radisson Blu Waterfront.

We have a full day in Stockholm on Monday 20 August and fly out the morning of Tuesday 21 August.

I have the information buying 72 hour travelcards from ICA Kavantum supermarket and bus #76 to go the Vasa Museum. Since Vasa opens at 8:30, we probably would not get there until 10:30 if we went on Saturday.

Would it be better to plan our visit to Vasa for early Monday morning? Or later in the day on Saturday or Sunday?

In the Q&A on the Vasa website, there is this comment: "usually les people in the morning 08.30-10.00 or in the afternoon 16.00-18.00. But it is impossible to give any guarantees"

If this helps - the cruise ship schedule (with arrival/departure times from port website) is as follows:

18-Aug-2018 AIDAdiva 11:00 , Azamara Journey arrival 9:30 - overnight, Costa Magica - n/a, Neue Mein Schiff 1 08:00 - 18:00

19-Aug-2018 Azamara Journey, Oceania Marina - n/a

20-Aug-2018 Columbus 10:00 - 16:00, Zuiderdam 08:00 - 17:00, Viking Sea n/a

Just trying to figure out best use of our days/times. Thanks.

I would advise visiting the Vasa as soon as it opens - at 10:30, you would most likely experience a queue. Both times that I have visited, we arrived just before opening and were inside the museum within 5 minutes. It is amazing - enjoy!

I can't comment on specific days - perhaps a local will chime-in.

Vasa was dead empty when we arrived at opening time - 8:30, and quite crowded by the time we left. I'm not a local to Stockholm, so I'd defer to their knowledge but if no one else answers, in NYC the museums are usually pretty empty first thing in the morning, and then late in the afternoon prior to closing (during the week, especially after the schools field trips leave). They are usually less crowded during the week than on weekends.

IMO it has more to do with what else you want to do/see in Stockholm so that you group those things by location,

Since you have multiple days in Stockholm it would probably be a good thing to do it at the second day

when you can be there early.