How Do I Convince.........

cruzeluver

Ok fellow cruise-nuts, I need your advice.

There is a woman I work with who works like a dog, always agrees to put in overtime, never complains, and never asks for anything for herself.

We want to do something really great for her. Since I know she and her hubby have always wanted to see Key West, we want to take them on the Celebration this fall. The problem is going to be convincing her to go. I can handle the whole "oh i can't let you pay for us" thing, but I just know she's gonna tell me that a cruise would just be "too fancy" for her. She's a simple, down-home kind of gal who hasn't traveled much.

So what do you guys think I could say to convince her that she will have a blast? I selected this ship because its a shorter itinerary, a smaller ship and goes to Key West. I've already done this cruise and had a great time.

Any feedback you can give me would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

Ok fellow cruise-nuts, I need your advice.

There is a woman I work with who works like a dog, always agrees to put in overtime, never complains, and never asks for anything for herself.

We want to do something really great for her. Since I know she and her hubby have always wanted to see Key West, we want to take them on the Celebration this fall. The problem is going to be convincing her to go. I can handle the whole "oh i can't let you pay for us" thing, but I just know she's gonna tell me that a cruise would just be "too fancy" for her. She's a simple, down-home kind of gal who hasn't traveled much.

So what do you guys think I could say to convince her that she will have a blast? I selected this ship because its a shorter itinerary, a smaller ship and goes to Key West. I've already done this cruise and had a great time.

Any feedback you can give me would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

What a beautiful gesture!! Maybe you should just purchase the cruise for her, surprise her with it, and tell her she has no choice but to go! She couldn't possible say no...Heck, if she won't go, I will:) !

What a beautiful gesture!! Maybe you should just purchase the cruise for her, surprise her with it, and tell her she has no choice but to go! She couldn't possible say no...Heck, if she won't go, I will:) !

Great advice! Purchase the tickets and give them to her. (You can always get a refund, but don't tell her that). Commendations on your thoughtfulness!

Yogi

I'd find one of the threads that has pictures or ask around for cruise pics. Some of the people on here have lots of great pictures. Show those to them. They'll see plenty of casually dressed people relaxing and having the time of their life.

BTW, you are really kind to recognize someone who works hard, goes above and beyond and never complains.

If you are certain she has no fear of ships/sailing or well deserved vacation time...

Involve hubby (and perhaps family) to do some fake planning for a vacation somewhere warm...say...like a port city in Florida. That way, she'll have most if not all of her essentials with her, then arrange a "kidnapping" to the ship.

Good luck...wish we all had friends like you!

Thanks guys.

Some great ideas there. It hadn't occured to me that I could go ahead and put down the deposit, then cancel if she won't go. Guess she doesn't have to know deposits are refundable!

I also like the working vacation angle.

Thanks for the input. Hope I can pull this off!! :p

Archived