Four night cruise on symphony

this will be my family's first cruise on symphony . We will be also bringing our kids who are 12&17 .Since it is just a four night cruise can anyone please offer suggestions on

things we need to make sure we pack. Most of what I read online is for seven day cruises. Are there any tips and suggestions other cruisers can give me concerning everything from planning and hotel accommodations in Miami and what ever good advice you can give. We are really excited and I just want to make sure everything goes smooth.:D

For the most part, the packing recommendations will be the same, just bring fewer clothes for a shorter cruise. On a 4 night you won't have any formal nights, so no need to bring fancy dress clothes unless you want to.

Main recommendation I have is don't cut your flight too close. You mention a hotel, so it sounds like you are at least coming in the night before. That's a very good plan. Hotels can be pricey, especially near the cruise port, but there are usually some fairly reasonably priced options, or you can consider an AirBNB.

With four people, just know that the room will be a bit tight if you all go in one room. Definitely doable, we've done it with 4 adults and had no issues, just be aware that the rooms are a bit small and plan accordingly for time/space to shower, change clothes, etc.

Symphony is a big ship, I recommend walking her and exploring as soon as you board. It will help you get a feel for where everything is.