Zodiac Excursion to Glaciers

toseaornottosea

I don’t know of anyone doing zodiac excursions from Ketchikan or Juneau. Both Misty Fjord and Tracy Arm are 1-2 hours from town by boat so it would not be possible in 1.5 hours. Is this a cruise line excursion?

Are you on one of the small ships, e.g. National Geographic? If so, you might ask in one of those forums. However, having been to the glaciers many times in my own small boat, I will say that it is absolutely amazing to be in among the icebergs and up close to a glacier!

In order to do zodiac tours in those locations the zodiac would need to be launched from the vessel. There may be others but Windstar, UnCruise & Alaskan Dream provide zodiacs and kayaks and provide those excursions.

I expect that tosea is on one of the smaller ships that cruise into Misty Fjord & Tracy Arm and stay for hours. They have kayak & zodiac excursions from the ship while there.

I was on the first Windstar Star Legend cruise & have a thread on the Windstar board about it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635721

I took the zodiac excursion in Kenai Fjords and kayak in Kenai Fjords, Endicott Arm (there was too much ice with pupping seals to get into Tracy Arm) and Misty Fjords.

Seaborne has cruises that do this in addition to the lines that Glaciers mentioned. The Seaborne & Windstar 14 day itineraries are very similar.

Getting back to the OPs question, I don't think the time slot matters much other than personal preference. Wildlife sightings can be somewhat random. At least on our cruise, all the Misty Fjord kayak and zodiac tours got to see brown bears on the shore.

We didn't get to pick our time slot.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app