Helicopter or Plane excursion - motion sickness

cruise.freak

We took both helicopter and sea plane tours in Alaska and definitely the helicopter was smoother, and even though it did make some sharp turns (that I worried needlessly about), it was an extremely easy (and FUN) trip. The sea plane, on the other hand, is loud, lots of vibration and I felt every movement more intensely than in the helicopter. That said, I did take Bonine before both trips, but I don't know that I really would have needed it. I'm a very nervous flyer but enjoyed both tours without getting sick.

I'm weird - I've had motion sickness on cruise ships but never in a car, small boat, or an airplane or helicopter. I can read in a car, and grew up flying in small (4-6 seater) airplanes.

I mean, if you're prone to motion sickness, take the non-drowsy meclizine and don't worry - unless you have side effects, I can't see a downside to taking a pill preventively.

DH is prone to motion sickness in the car. For road trips, he absolutely needs to sit in the front seat, which helps. On our Alaska cruise, he did fine in our Deck 9 Forward cabin until we hit the open water...during the night heading into Hubbard Glacier from Skagway and then onto Seward was the WORST. He couldn't stand to be in the cabin.

We did a helicopter flight and he had NO PROBLEMS at all.