Coffee on Getaway--Regular, Iced, Frappes, Expresso--info please

cruisegal415

We are new to NCL, thus new to the Getaway. From my search of past posts, I have found the following:

* Coffee is available in the rooms.

* The UBP does not include "fancy" drinks like frappuccinos and lattes, but those are available (somewhere?)

* The coffee is better at O’Sheehan’s.

* Le Bistro, Cagney’s and the restaurant in the Haven serves French press coffee.

However, I have the following questions.

1) DH loves his coffee in the morning. We are staying in the Haven Courtyard on the 16th deck. What would be the best for him--the coffee in the room? (I think I read it is the Nespresso?) Is there coffee in the Haven lounge? If so, is that better? If he just wants a cup of coffee prior to breakfast, can he get that in the Haven restaurant "to go?"

2) I think I read that there is a Nespresso machine in the Haven rooms. We have a Nespresso expresso machine. Would the machine in the room take our expresso pods?

3) Where can DH get expresso during the day? Is that considered a specialty coffee for an upcharge? He usually grabs a cup or two of expresso in the afternoon.

4) I love iced coffee or lattes or frappuccino type drinks. Is there just one place on the ship that makes those? (I know there is a charge for those).

TIA.

Natefish's review had a menu for the atrium bar which had fraps etc. Also the Haven restaurant had french press coffee when we were on Escape last year, assume the same on Getaway.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the Haven!

We are new to NCL, thus new to the Getaway. From my search of past posts, I have found the following:

* The UBP does not include "fancy" drinks like frappuccinos and lattes, but those are available (somewhere?)

* Le Bistro, Cagney’s and the restaurant in the Haven serves French press coffee.

1) DH loves his coffee in the morning. We are staying in the Haven Courtyard on the 16th deck. What would be the best for him--the coffee in the room? (I think I read it is the Nespresso?) Is there coffee in the Haven lounge? If so, is that better? If he just wants a cup of coffee prior to breakfast, can he get that in the Haven restaurant "to go?"

2) I think I read that there is a Nespresso machine in the Haven rooms. We have a Nespresso expresso machine. Would the machine in the room take our expresso pods?

3) Where can DH get expresso during the day? Is that considered a specialty coffee for an upcharge? He usually grabs a cup or two of expresso in the afternoon.

4) I love iced coffee or lattes or frappuccino type drinks. Is there just one place on the ship that makes those? (I know there is a charge for those).

TIA.

As far as in room coffee in the Haven is concerned, you have two options--either make the Nespresso, which they restock daily, or order some from room service. If you want to get French Press coffee in the Haven, that is only served in their dining room. There is a coffee urn set up in the pool area, along with pastries, every morning. I think that there is only one place on the ship that does frappucino type drinks.

Hope this helps.

Delete comment on O’shehans Coffee.

Anything more than brewed coffee outside your room will cost more. They can be ordered in restaurants and the atrium bar.

It will depend on whether you sail before or after the Getaway dry dock. You may still have a Lavassa machine in your room. It actually comes with a frother that the Nuptesso doesn’t.

The Havens courtyard pool area will have regular restaurant coffee in the morning. Nothing in lounge.

Bottom line, use your in-room coffee maker. Enjoy!

We are going in August, so before dry dock. Coffee urn in pool deck in Haven sounds perfect for DH.

Does the coffee machine in the room make expresso? Is the only place to get expresso the coffee bar in the atrium?

So glad I read this thread and revisited the UBP, I am not much of a drinker, but love my coffee, hot, cold or frozen and water. Neither of those are included in this package and it is almost double the price of other cruise lines package, and thier packages include the specialty coffees and water. :mad: I know it is offered as a free perk often, but wowser. Glad I haven't booked yet.

Morning coffee - we tend to wake up early in the morning. We have booked an inside cabin - deck 5. Is there coffee available in the room? If not Is there a $7.95 for coffee to be delivered to the room? If there is that charge can we go somewhere at 6 AM to get coffee and bring it to our room?

Morning coffee - we tend to wake up early in the morning. We have booked an inside cabin - deck 5. Is there coffee available in the room? If not Is there a $7.95 for coffee to be delivered to the room? If there is that charge can we go somewhere at 6 AM to get coffee and bring it to our room?

I have read in several trip reports that the outside portion of the Sunset Bar or the Sugarcane Bar on The Waterfront has coffee, Danish, etc. available in the morning and very few people go there. Search the Getaway trip reports on here from May/June timeframe. They discussed it in one of those.

I have a pretty extensive review of our trip on the getaway, you can find it here.

https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

We would get our lattes in the coffee shop that is near the atrium. They also had fantastic suites available, think carrot cake cupcakes, which were awesome. I have included lots of pictures of food, the areas inside and outside of the Haven. I hope you find this helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Forums