Rental car parking overnight in Maui and Kauai

bbbyqueen

We will be cruising on POA in 2019 and i want to rent a car and keep it overnight in Maui and Kauai. Are there any places to park rental cars at the Ports in Maui and Kauai?

I haven't been able to find any information.

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

Are there any places to park rental cars at the Ports in Maui and Kauai?

As far as Maui is concerned, there is no legal place to park at the port. The best option for overnight parking is the public parking lot at Kahului Airport, about three miles from the ship. You can usually use your rental car agency's shuttle between the airport and the ship during their business hours, but do check on that when you are closer to your sailing date.

As far as Maui is concerned, there is no legal place to park at the port. The best option for overnight parking is the public parking lot at Kahului Airport, about three miles from the ship. You can usually use your rental car agency's shuttle between the airport and the ship during their business hours, but do check on that when you are closer to your sailing date.

I have t had much luck searching the boards unfortunately.

My biggest issue is Maui. I wanted to be able to access the rental car at 2:00am to do sunrise . But that probably won’t be possible to get a shuttle to airport at that time if the day.

I will contact the different rental agencies and see their schedules .

If you want access to your rental at 2am, you will need to take a taxi and you will need to park near the entrance to the airport lot. If I recall from what others have said, it is about a $13 cab ride (but I could be totally off). Make these arrangement way ahead of time. People who waited to the last minute could not find a taxi that wasn't already booked.

In Kauai, you can park at the Anchor Cove shopping center for $20. They have a continuous shuttle in the morning and then late afternoon. There was street parking on the way to Anchor Cove, but I didn't want to deal with insurance if something happened to the rental car.

There is tons of info on the Hawaii Board and you can ask all of your questions there.

I have t had much luck searching the boards unfortunately.

My biggest issue is Maui. I wanted to be able to access the rental car at 2:00am to do sunrise . But that probably won’t be possible to get a shuttle to airport at that time if the day.

I will contact the different rental agencies and see their schedules .

At that hour, all of the rental agencies will be closed. Taxis or Uber have been mentioned, but availability each week is different it seems. This problem has been talked about at length on the Hawaii forum, but people rarely come back to discuss it after their cruise and say how things worked out. Still, that forum can be a great resource, and we hope you will try it.

pizzaady1 - Just saw your post now when we submitted the above. Great minds think alike!

Edited by Silver Sweethearts