Med Evac on Adventure this morning

That scenario could have happened on any cruise line.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Let's not forget how hard Royal works the crew members with very little time off and low pay. Definately a reason to be Loyal to Royal. To bad they don't publicly recognize them for this. :rolleyes:

I've read through your post and the post you quoted, and I don't understand your point. It looks like you are attacking a 19-year old for saying something positive. Is that it?

That scenario could have happened on any cruise line.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Let's not forget how hard Royal works the crew members with very little time off and low pay. Definately a reason to be Loyal to Royal. To bad they don't publicly recognize them for this. :rolleyes:

Proof?

Why does anyone work any low wage job?

Because they need money.

No, because where they are from, it is very good money.

Do not look in the mirror when you judge people from other cultures, they are NOT you.

I am in the Philippines as I write this. A first run movie is about $4 ($3 with senior discount). A fast food meal (2 pc chicken, rice, gravy, and a small drink) is about $3.

A 1 hour massage is $6 - $10.

Costs are MUCH lower here.

BTW, since I am here, I asked about salaries in the Philippines.

Their minimum wage is 380 pesos. Which is about $7.10 at today's exchange rate.

PER DAY

Your low paying job is NOT their "low paying" job.

No, because where they are from, it is very good money.

Do not look in the mirror when you judge people from other cultures, they are NOT you.

I am in the Philippines as I write this. A first run movie is about $4 ($3 with senior discount). A fast food meal (2 pc chicken, rice, gravy, and a small drink) is about $3.

A 1 hour massage is $6 - $10.

Costs are MUCH lower here.

Take it down a notch. You asked a question, and I answered it. I’m not judging anyone. Nor did I make an accusation.

I made a statement. People work low wage jobs because they need money. Hence why people work at Wal Mart and McDonalds. Do you defend those companies and their wage practices so vehemently?

Not sure what this has to do with the subject of this thread anyways.

Enjoy the Philippines. I hope it’s a vacation for you, sounds like you could use one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it down a notch. You asked a question, and I answered it. I’m not judging anyone. Nor did I make an accusation.

I made a statement. People work low wage jobs because they need money. Hence why people work at Wal Mart and McDonalds. Do you defend those companies and their wage practices so vehemently?

Not sure what this has to do with the subject of this thread anyways.

Enjoy the Philippines. I hope it’s a vacation for you, sounds like you could use one.

My point has been and is, that what YOU think of as low wages, are very nice wages to many people in the world. Cruise ship wages are not low of much of the crew.

You say they work these jobs because of no choice, but if they were truly low wages, would they take them and be away from home for 9 months per year? And Philippines has a good bit of manufacturing and industry still, so there are jobs.

YOU see wages based on a coming $15 per hour minimum wage. Much of the world makes much less than that per day. In many parts of Africa, an average HOUSEHOLD income is under $300 per YEAR.