Transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia

mking64116

We are a family of six looking for information for reliable services to use for transportation to the port. Does anyone know or have experiences with local operators?

Thanks in advance for helping

Are you docked in Civitavecchia? I cruised on RCI last year out of Civitavecchia, booked a RCI train transportation excursion because it was 1 hr faster than the public train and only took cruiseline passengers. NCL probably has something similar to this.

It all depends on what you want to do when in Rome. I would advise a train over a private van because traffic there looked BAD. My friend who has been to Rome many times told me TAKE A TRAIN over and over again and I am glad I did - If NCL doesn't have a private train option or you don't want to pay to do it, the public train is right across from the private train, it just has more stops. The Rome trains are very simple and look to be easy to use) Once in Rome, I just used MyTaxi for everything, as it was cheap and easy.

Also, here is my review on RCI Freedom of the Seas, starting on the Rome excursion page, hope that can help you a little bit!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542814&page=10

We used RomeCabs to get from Rome to the port. I liked them because, unlike a lot of other vendors, you can pay up front via PayPal instead of having to carry a large amount of euros to pay in cash. You can find plenty of info on the Italy boards on this forum.

Another vote for Romecabs. We’ve used them on 2 occasions and found them reliable and extremely professional. Just make sure you have your destination written down as the drivers English may be a little basic. But they are dressed smartly, the cabs clean, extremely comfortable and they are very courteous.

We used RomeCabs to get from Rome to the port. I liked them because, unlike a lot of other vendors, you can pay up front via PayPal instead of having to carry a large amount of euros to pay in cash. You can find plenty of info on the Italy boards on this forum.

We booked 3 transfers with Rome Chauffeur and their website said no credit cards, pay the driver in cash. I emailed them to ask if there was any way we could prepay so we wouldn't have to carry so much cash and they sent me back an email address through which we could pay via paypal.

So even if a vendor's site says cash only, it is worth asking if you can prepay.

We are staying at the Hotel Vespasiano (4 nights, pre-cruise), which is pretty near the Vatican. Again, booked on the basis of reviews. Hopefully it will suit us.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea

How are you getting from the airport into Rome and where are you staying in Rome?

I read that taxis have a flat 48 euro fare from FCO to the central part of Rome. I booked a Rome Chauffeur transfer for 4 people plus luggage for 60 Euro. My daughter comes in a day later and booked with them for 50 euro.

Disclaimer: it is an upcoming trip so I can't comment yet on how their service is, but I read a lot of reviews and they seem to be well regarded.

I hope so.

We used Rome Cabs for our transportation from airport to our Rome accommodation' date=' for a night tour of Rome, and for our transport to the port and then back to the airport. Best company ever![/quote']

Do you mind saying how much those three different pick ups cost you? We are doing similar in May and aren't sure what we'll do for transportation.

Civitavecchia Shuttle Express

We used this company both ways just last week and they provided very good service. The shuttle was early at our hotel and at the pier to take us back to Rome. Lots of room for both luggage and passengers on this shuttle service.