coco cay cabanas or bungalow

I had one of the Bungalows last year - LOVED IT! I did get it on sale for 160.00 for the day. The last cruise we were on, I did not opt to get one at 260.00 for the day. I LOVED it though!!! So did my husband. Very Releaxing, away from everything:) and most everyone, which you need a little of being on a ship for 7 days.

You need to get there very early. The island becomes overwhelmingly crowded and dirty

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they are reserved for you unless you are talking about the beach in general.

I reserved a cabana for this year it was less than 280$ in total

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a cabana in May and it was worth every penny. It was such a relaxing day. We had a total of 7 people in our cabana so it made sense (they allowed 7 b/c the 7th was my 2 year old). The upgraded buffet was great and i loved that I could easily watch my older kids b/c it was our own private beach and water. It made our cruise!

Cabanas are closer to the other activities.

They have a reserved section of beach and water.

They have a upgraded buffet with food grilled on site (this is also open to full suite guests).

We had a beach bed last year and loved it. Worth every penny.

The price is per bed, not per person.

We have a private transport to this very quiet area of the beach. Our private bar for the bed and bungalow renters by a very nice part of the beach.

We had a bungalow in December, and I would definitely do it again. Here is the relevant portion from my review:

We were in CocoCay from 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The waters were rough today, so it was a rocky tender ride, but we had perfect beach weather. We had pre-booked a bungalow ($195 for up to six people), so tender tickets weren’t required as that is considered a shore excursion which includes priority tenders. Despite the fact that the bungalow holds six, the eight of us who got off the ship were permitted to tender together. When we got off the tender, we walked a short distance and boarded a shuttle that took all of us to the bungalow area where we checked in and were given six bracelets. The bungalow employees were watchful and didn’t hesitate to ask our non-bracelet-wearing kids to leave the bungalow.

The bungalows were great. They had curtains you could leave down or tie back, and most of the day there was a nice breeze. There was U-shaped cushioned seating and a nice table in the bungalow, and we were provided two lounge chairs as well for the beach. We were also provided four big bottles of water (in a cooler with ice) and floating mats. Our bungalow was very close to a restroom and also to a bar. Our previously ordered food was delivered to us. We also could have gone to the buffet as well, had we chosen to. The swim-up bar was lively, and there were a lot of fish, small sharks and a stingray hanging around.

We just had a beautiful day there this weekend. Nothing booked except an umbrella when we got there. We really toyed with getting something nicer to rent but we were really happy without. We walked over to the cove area just before you get to the wave runners and the bungalows and south beach. It was great.

It is always funny in threads like these.

We had X and it was WONDERFUL and PERFECT and we do so EVERY TIME.

But none of the posters have ever tried the alternative. So a bungalow is great, but who says that a beach bed might have been just as nice, for a lot less. Or that a cabana is SO MUCH BETTER.

:D

• 2 weeks later...