Keto Diet on Carnival

miketracy

I generally do lazy keto and intermittent fasting in my every day life, with cheats every once in a while for vacations or special events. I suppose I'll gain 10 lbs in a week but I'm sure it will be back off not too long later.

Thank you for this! I'm going on an all inclusive vacay in November and a cruise in February. I've been doing Keto since right after Christmas and was hoping to keep it going during the vacations.

Nice to know about the bacon replacement at Guy's too 😍😍

• 1 month later...

I have been cruising low carbs for years and unlike other vacations we take I don't usually gain anything!  Another low carb trick (not sure if they qualify as Keto so apologies here):

For lunch I head to the salad bar on the Lido and fill will lettuce, veggies and sometimes sesame seeds.  Add some ranch on the side.  Then if it's not too crowded I head to the deli and ask for a scoop of tuna on top of the salad.  I've also been known to take the salad to the Cantina and ask for a load of shrimp and chicken too.  That way I'm not tempted to eat the bowl!

• 2 months later...
  • I just started about 2 weeks ago..I'm planning on letting the huevos rancheros be my "treat" since I don't eat them anywhere else. And beyond that I plan to stick to burger bowls at Guys, Steak and Eggs, chicken breast...etc. that part is not to hard but I can't do my normal frosty beer so I'll have to find an alternative based on what's available on board. 

2 hours ago, elainmir said:
  • I just started about 2 weeks ago..I'm planning on letting the huevos rancheros be my "treat" since I don't eat them anywhere else. And beyond that I plan to stick to burger bowls at Guys, Steak and Eggs, chicken breast...etc. that part is not to hard but I can't do my normal frosty beer so I'll have to find an alternative based on what's available on board. 

Plenty of beers you can have while on Keto