Local Tour Guides in Budapest and Prague?

Caligirl58

The Taste of Prague tour was wonderful. The owners are a very sweet couple and they really seem to enjoy what they do. When you book with them, they will send you a PDF book which is a guide to everything Food in Prague and it's mixed with history and lots of good info. The best part for me, quite by fate, I was reuinited with an old shipmate on the tour we took. A lady that I was stationed with in Misawa, Japan (my FIRST duty station in 1985) is now working at the US Embassy there and ended up being on the same tour. Quite amazing given that there were only about 10 of us on the tour.

The Taste of Prague tour was wonderful. The owners are a very sweet couple and they really seem to enjoy what they do. When you book with them, they will send you a PDF book which is a guide to everything Food in Prague and it's mixed with history and lots of good info. The best part for me, quite by fate, I was reuinited with an old shipmate on the tour we took. A lady that I was stationed with in Misawa, Japan (my FIRST duty station in 1985) is now working at the US Embassy there and ended up being on the same tour. Quite amazing given that there were only about 10 of us on the tour.

We have never been on a food tour, but after reading the recommendations here, we will definitely consider it!

We have never been on a food tour, but after reading the recommendations here, we will definitely consider it!

We try to do one everywhere we go. It's a great way to sample a lot of different local foods without committing to one place to eat at a time. You also get to learn about the culture and how/why that food became a thing. In Prague there's a lot of history behind food and beers.

P.s. if you are into history, check out Operation Daybreak if you haven't seen it. You can still see all of the places in this film and it gives you an amazing view of the story behind them.

https://www.amazon.com/Operation-Daybreak-Timothy-Bottoms/dp/B00XWT26D0/ref=tmm_aiv_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=