Shore excursion booking times

Have not yet been on an Oasis-class ship. Does it take longer to get everyone off at ports and should I allow extra time to meet up with excursions?

For example, Oasis is in port at Marseille from 9-6, and we are looking at an independent wine tour, so I’m thinking 9-5 or so. Also, is the all-aboard time different in Europe and should I plan to be back sooner than 1 hour before departure? Thanks to any Oasis And European cruisers. If you are on the May 19,2019 please join the roll call as only 2 couples are signed up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe. Typically the docking time is actually the time they are cleared to allow passengers off. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. If they have excursions leaving at 9:00 you might want to avoid the gangway near the theater because they will have a long line of folks there snaking down the stairs and it slows people not on excursions. We have headed downstairs to the gangway right at docking time and had the escalator door open right in front of us. We were first off.