Adventure vs Freedom

We are booked on Freedom this December and are excited for that cruise but for our 2019 sailing we have two refundable deposits right now one on Freedom for another Southern and one on Adventure to do a Western. If you were to choose one over the other why? We are pretty torn! We really like the ports for the Freedom 2019 but we love the waterslides and splash away bay on Adventure. It is our family of 5 with three young children (8, 6, and 2). TIA

They're both the same ship, basically. I prefer the more open feeling of Freedom to Adventure, although you do quickly ignore all the visible superstructure on Adventure.

You might want to compare what facilities are available for kids when making your choice.

I'd do Adventure for the more private balconies and 500 fewer passengers.
I think the balcony was my least favorite part, even though we spent quite a bit of time out there. We were in 8518, Deck 8 forward, and it felt very closed in. Not sure if it was the half height glass, or the design of the dividers, or both.

Wouldn't stop me from booking Adventure again, just my impression compared to other balcony cabins we've had.

We are booked on Freedom this December and are excited for that cruise but for our 2019 sailing we have two refundable deposits right now one on Freedom for another Southern and one on Adventure to do a Western. If you were to choose one over the other why? We are pretty torn! We really like the ports for the Freedom 2019 but we love the waterslides and splash away bay on Adventure. It is our family of 5 with three young children (8, 6, and 2). TIA

I'd do Adventure for the more private balconies and 500 fewer passengers.

Freedom is my favorite ship, I loved Adventure. If like you, I preferred the Freedom ports, I would pick that, but unlike you, I am probaby past my waterslide days and we have no kids. Its subject to change, but I have two great cruises in Freedom's MDR and Chops, My one MDR experience on Adventure was so -so. Either way, I think you will have a great cruise.

For us the Freedom feels more opened to the Sea but we don't bring children! If they LOVE the water activites, choose The Adventurer!