Deck 8 to Lido on Horizon...good move or not?

reno3

I have cabin 8326 (balcony) booked on Horizon but I can now book a lido 10289 (balcony) for additional $55.00. Not sure if cabin this close to lido will be noisy or not. I have never booked a cabin higher than deck 8. Just my husband and I. Should I do it !!!!

Last 10 cruises, all but one were Lido balconies. They are a great location and surprisingly quiet. Next cruise we will be trying a Havana cabana so this will be a bit of a change.

I have cabin 8326 (balcony) booked on Horizon but I can now book a lido 10289 (balcony) for additional $55.00. Not sure if cabin this close to lido will be noisy or not. I have never booked a cabin higher than deck 8. Just my husband and I. Should I do it !!!!

Do it!

We have not sailed Horizon yet, but we have sailed Dream 10274, Magic 10277, and Breeze 10277 and 10273, which are very similar in cabin placements. We NEVER heard any noise from outside on Lido in our cabins nor on our balconies. These cabins were fantastic because they were close to buffet and pools and there was very little foot traffic. There was also a "secret" door to get to the pool area. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677Our two upcoming cruises are booked in Lido balconies.

14 of our 24 Carnival cruises were sailed in Lido balconies, two others not on Lido were mistakes and will never again be chosen, and the other eight were on Paradise, Miracle x2, Pride x2, Legend x2, and Fascination. (Fantasy and Spirit class ships were built with no cabins on Lido.)

your 8326 is a connecting cabin. If its only you two and not with people from the other cabin-- for that reason I would take the upgrade

Had a lido cabin on Magic this past June. Loved it! We were 3 doors down from the doors that led out to the lido deck so we did hear some music and events that were happening on the lido but it did not bother us at all. We loved the convenience of being so close to everything. I think you made a good move changing :)

I’ll only be on my 3rd cruise, but at the recommendation of my PVP, I booked a cabin on the lido deck last August, and did the same for my upcoming cruise next month. It wasn’t noisy at all and I found the location to be very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the same offer for only $16 for the Lido. I was booked in room 8366 which was a connecting room. I just changed to another non connecting balcony. Unfortunately I declined the lido offer. I was also afraid of the traffic and noise.

I got the same offer for only $16 for the Lido. I was booked in room 8366 which was a connecting room. I just changed to another non connecting balcony. Unfortunately I declined the lido offer. I was also afraid of the traffic and noise.

Lido for only $16??? Did you read the other posts about the lack of noise in Lido balconies?

Did you check what is above and below the new cabin?