First timer NCL & Alaska Bliss

Hi all! My mom and I are about to book an Alaskan Cruise on the Bliss for May 2019. We’re going with a mini suite with balcony. Any suggestions on which side of the ship we should choose, a favorite cabin, etc? Would like to hear your feedback since I’ve always sailed on Carnival. This is our first time on NCL and to Alaska!

the only thing i suggest is booking all of your shows adn dinners in advance at the 120 day mark online when they open up. this will make sure you get to eat at the places you want when you want and see teh shows you want.

when going to the glaciers, teh ship rotates around so everyone gets a view. balcony side does not really matter.

we prefer to book a room that has cabins above and below us and away from noisy elevators/stairwells. i scrutinize deck plans.

if you can swing it, an aft facing balcony is quite spendid.

Agree with prior post, side of ship doesn't matter.

I hope you understand the mini-suite isn't a suite at all, it's pretty much the same as a balcony cabin with a larger bathroom. We got put into one once but would never pay the extra money to be in one.

Definitely stay on top of when you can book dining and excursions and plan to do so at that 120 day mark.

Spend some time over in the Alaska forum to leanr about the various excursions that are available.

We were in mini suite 14764 and loved it. The stairs and elevators were right there. It was a quick run up to the Observatory lounge or buffet area for coffee, drinks and snacks at any time. We loved our views whether pulling into ports or viewing the Glacier. Saw eagles, seals and whales from our balcony.