Low Sodium Diet

I am traveling on the Anthem of the Seas and I have requested for low sodium menu. When I traveled on Norwegian they told me to let them know 24hrs in advance so that they can prepare the food. That also included the specialty restaurants. Is that what they do on Royal Caribbean?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We had a lady at our table that required a low sodium diet. Every night, they would bring her the menu's for the next day and she pre-ordered. I don't know if they do it that way anymore though.

My dad is on a low sodium diet & this is what they do for him as well. Most recent cruise for him was October, 2017. The servers really go out of their way to accommodate him.

Just be aware that the food may not be particularly tasty. My mother asked for the low sodium foods on one of her cruises. At home she never cooks with salt, even before she developed high blood pressure. Her cooking has always been wonderful. I don’t cook with salt either as this is how I was brought up and everyone thinks my cooking is great too. Anyway, after one meal of bland, tasteless food she decided to have the food as it is normally prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH has been on a low sodium diet for several years and RC has gone out of their way to accommodate him. He places his order the night before with the head waiter and has always been pleased with the flavor is and quality of his meals. We also do specialty restaurants and Chefs Table, and advised ahead of time the low sodium requirement. They have always complied and done a good job. The potential challenge comes with lunches, but avoiding the soups which are notoriously salty, the salad and fruit bar offers good options.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Have you contacted the special needs dept. We have been successful the past 3 cruises with my wife's low/no salt diet. On our January Anthem's 12 nite Carib., we met with our Maitre D/ Headwaiter each night to go over the next day menu. My wife with his help/suggestions selected the appetizers, entrees & desserts. She said that basically the entrees tasted pretty good. On one occasion she ordered French onion soup and was impressed with the taste & quality . She made sure to order extra vegetables with the meals.