Coastal Kitchen differences

We are in a suite on our upcoming cruise and have access to the Coastal Kitchen. We have not done that before. I looked at the menu and it seemed similar to the MDR menu. Is the food better? Atmosphere better? It looks little more upscale.

It is totally different from MDR. Everything is cooked to order, your waiter gives you all his attention, he is not rushing around. The food is outstanding and cooked to your liking. We will only eat in CK.

Coastal Kitchen is wonderful! The servers get to know you by name and really work to make sure you are taken care of. The food is freshly prepared. It is much less chaotic than the dining room.

Anyone eaten at Coastal kitchen with a gluten allergy?

We are in a junior suite on ovation next year in Alaska and would like to try it. How flexible are they with the menu?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are very good and understanding. If fact the first thing before taking your order they will ask if you have any food allergies.

Hi do you have the option to share table with other cruisers (we like chatting to other cruisers) or do you have to eat with your own group - there will be 3 of us sailing on Allure in September.

Thanks

GIll

You can request sharing a table, and if others also want to share at that time, they will accommodate you. However, CK is not that big, so that reduces the chances of others wanting to share and eat at the same time as you.

Hi do you have the option to share table with other cruisers (we like chatting to other cruisers) or do you have to eat with your own group - there will be 3 of us sailing on Allure in September.

Thanks

GIll

You can request sharing a table, and if others also want to share at that time, they will accommodate you. However, CK is not that big, so that reduces the chances of others wanting to share and eat at the same time as you.

It would be better to hang out in the Suite Lounge and make friends and ask them if they want to dine with you. :)

Book it every night if you get the chance. If the on-line reservations appear to be taken, go there as soon as you board the ship and book there. I made the mistake of "giving up" when the time I wanted wasn't available on line and the head waiter there told me that they could have accommodated us if I had visited as soon as I boarded. The one night we ate there, it was fabulous. Take advantage of CK if you can!

Is beer and wine included with dinner? We'll be on Oasis.

Yes, if you are Pinnacle C&A level or in a Grand Suite or better.

They may also offer it to guests in Junior Suites who are not Pinnacle level, but that is a courtesy, not a hard and fast policy.

They may also offer it to guests in Junior Suites who are not Pinnacle level, but that is a courtesy, not a hard and fast policy.

Bob,

Once we are Pinnacle, we will get complimentary beer or wine in the Costal Kitchen for dinner.....correct ?

do people bring their young kids there? We have a 2 and 4 year old, first time in a Grand Suite. Or should we stay in the louder mdr.

People bring their young kids there.

Bob,

Once we are Pinnacle, we will get complimentary beer or wine in the Costal Kitchen for dinner.....correct ?

Yes on Oasis class. CK on Quantum class is not right next to the Suite Lounge, so I don't know what happens there.

We always had dinner drinks on Oasis pre PC. Really no reason not to. Happy people tip better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk