Does Playa Mia beach break cost more booked onboard?

We are going on Oasis Sept 9 2018, do they charge more for shore excursions if you book onboard, or do you save by pre-booking? It's $75, on my Cruise Planner, if I book it now

We are going on Oasis Sept 9 2018, do they charge more for shore excursions if you book onboard, or do you save by pre-booking? It's $75, on my Cruise Planner, if I book it now

If you want to go to a beach on Cozumel, it is cheaper to do it yourself. Playa Mia, Paradise, Mr. Sancho's, San Francisco, etc., etc.etc.

Some you can reserve a spot online on their website, others you can just grab a cab and show up.

It may be a similar price, but I bet it is a lot less time there. When we went, the cruise ship group spent a solid 2 hours less there than us and we could've stayed even longer if we wanted.

Exactly. You can go when you want and leave when you want, when you are not dependent on the ship's excursion bus.

For example: The cooking excursion is at Playa Mia. The description of the excursion says that after the class, you have the run of Playa Mia, with continued open bar and the use of the beach and the non-motorized amenities.

But the bus leaves about an hour after the class is over. :o

Thanks. We normally do book independently. However, it's only $2 more pp through the ship right now.
What they don't tell you about the ship excursion is that you only get a short time there. We did our first visit through the ship and now do our own. You have to wait for all the people to get there and the buses to arrive we waited according to the ticket from the shop and waited 45 minutes in the sun). That also meant that we and now our 100+ fellow passengers descended at the resort all at the same time. The tour also headed back WELL before we needed to be back.

The next time we booked online directly. took a cab, was there at least 1.5 hours before the ship's tour. We were able to get premo location on the beach and get to know our servers. We then enjoyed our day and stayed until we were ready to leave. We stayed another 2 hours after the dhips's excursion left. We walked around the port for about 30-45 minutes before boarding with plenty of time to spare.

ALos buying our tickets ourselves, we were able to buy the ones we wanted. We dont drink booze so we were able go get a cheaper package than offered through the ship.

We love Cozumel and Playa Mia and it is only about a 10 minute-ish cab ride that is under $15. There is a cab line right outside the shopping area.

We are not generally DIY shore excursion people but in Costa Maya. Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Bermuda, and Alaska we do DIY.

Have a good time!