kid programs?

We are thinking of cruising with grandkids for the first time---ages 7, 12, and 14---and would appreciate some description of kid programs that are available on RCI Are they costly? How much is the cost? Have your children/grandchildren enjoyed?

Any advice offered would be most appreciate. Thanks, Jimmybean

We are thinking of cruising with grandkids for the first time---ages 7, 12, and 14---and would appreciate some description of kid programs that are available on RCI Are they costly? How much is the cost? Have your children/grandchildren enjoyed?

Any advice offered would be most appreciate. Thanks, Jimmybean

The children's area on RC ships is called Adventure Ocean. There is no charge for the programs offered there.

There are some "late night" activities that do have a charge.

There is no charge for the kids' programs other than after 10:00 pm at night.

Royal Caribbean's website has extensive descriptions of the programs for each age group. If you google you should be able to find.

Majority of people seem to be very happy with the specific programs.

I think the reason we became cruise addicts is because of Adventure Ocean! Especially for the 12 and under range, the kids just love to attend. The teen clubs are a bit different, and I've had mixed reviews depending upon the sailing.

The 12 and 14yo would be in the teen program. My kids enjoyed it, but they are very social. It has a schedule of activities, but depending on attendance and both guest and youth staff desires, it's all very flexible. At this age they are free to come and go as they please, but have a shipwide curfew at 1am. Make sure they go the first night, icebreaker games are a good way to make new friends, and some kids find it harder to go once the initial cliques form up.

Thank you for your helpful replies.

We want the kids to enjoy their vacation and the Adventure Ocean sounds perfect way to meet other kids. We will be sure to have them attend the first-night.

Thanks again!

Happy Sailing!

12 and up go to the teen club. Which is joy adventure ocean. It’s more of a free for all. My extrovert joiner happy son didn’t line the teen club and refused to go back after the first night.

He missed AO. It’s too bad the teen club starts at 12yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums