What's the worse that could happen? (Guarantee cabin)

TheAs

Serena56 how do you check the prices? Thank you so much for all of this VALUABLE information!:)

go to carnival.dom click on fun ship then click on the ship you are interested in...(on the right hand side) scroll to the bottom and click onthe cruise that is of interest to you-- eastern, western etc..etc.

next page look for your date-- then click on book now. make believe you are booking a cruise--put in the amount of people, etc.. take it all the way through with clicking on the cat you booked your cruise on.. (please remember that carnival does not include government taxes in the final price and you will need to add about 50.pp to the final figure.

When that number goes lower then what you paid-- you call your agent and ask for them to look into it. Cruises do come down in price BUT most time it just goes higher... it still pays to watch it.

I thought I would be adventurous and booked a cabin on the Carribean Princess that is in the rear of the boat with portholes (rm R749). It looked like it was near a pool. I am now getting a little nervous and wonder if I should try to change it. I leave in 6 weeks and have already paid in full for the cruise so I don't even know if it is possible....Has anyone been in this type of cabins? Any thoughts or suggestions.

:confused: :eek:

Hvae you visited the Princess board?? they will tell you to stay where you are.. the cabins are bit bigger then whats on the side. I dont think you will get sound from that pool area-- http://community.webshots.com/photo/178712611/1178735568026690262qFeqFZ http://community.webshots.com/photo/178712611/1178735568026690262qFeqFZ

If you go to the top of this scroeen and click on boards.. it will take you to the main screen. scroll down and look for Princess.

Lots of information is out there.

Am saioling the Caribbean Princess for our first cruise come February 18, 2007Here is tons of information on the Caribbean Princess.. CP for short-

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/caribbeanprincess.htm

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this has been answered clearly or not. I booked an Inside GTY on the Fantasy leaving Sept. 7. If I decide I want to cancel the guarantee and upgrade to a different cabin, is that a problem, even though I've paid in full?

I wouldn't think so, since I might be wanting to give them MORE money, but who knows...:confused:

Not sure if this has been answered clearly or not. I booked an Inside GTY on the Fantasy leaving Sept. 7. If I decide I want to cancel the guarantee and upgrade to a different cabin, is that a problem, even though I've paid in full?

I wouldn't think so, since I might be wanting to give them MORE money, but who knows...:confused:

Since you are so close, I would found out what cabin you may have been given for the GTY. It may be better than the one you are trying to purchase up to.

Dave

Since you are so close, I would found out what cabin you may have been given for the GTY. It may be better than the one you are trying to purchase up to.

Dave

Thought about that, and I just got a UPS confirmation stating that my docs were shipped and should be here today. So I'll wait and see where we were assigned.

Thanks for the reply!

Carnival changed the way they are handling gurantees. You might not know until you get to the pier.

when you get those documents the pages might be listed as GTEE or TBA. But look on the sign and sail page.. on the back on the bottom. A long string of numbers that begins with your booking number.

the number right after is a cabin number- checkit out and decide if you want to upgrade or not.

You will be paying the going rate today for that upgrade.

(something to consider-- on the Fantasy you will be in your cabin to sleep and dress

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

This question is for recent cruisers on the Conquest who were assigned their cabins at the time of boarding. Did you or anyone you know get to the ship the day of sailing without having been assigned your cabin, get assigned a cabin that you already know you don't want (by having studied deck plans for months) and been able to change right then?

We have only been on 2 prior cruises and each time I carefully chose the cabin we booked (even though we received and accepted an upgrade from a mid-ship balcony to a mid-ship mini-suite on our first cruise). This year I booked a suite guarantee on the Conquest with me being pretty confident there are no "bad" suites. However, I have since discovered there are 2 suites located on the Lido deck of the Conquest at the very front of the ship that have regular-size balconies and a window that looks out onto the public area. Like I said before, we've only been on 2 cruises so I'm by no means a seasoned cruiser. But I know I would not like my balcony at the very front of the ship because it's probably very windy and we spend a lot of time on the balcony AND I do not want a regular size balcony when the reason I booked the suite was to enjoy all of the amenities that come with a suite, including the larger balcony.

I know I'm just griping about what may happen and I took a chance by booking a guarantee instead of choosing a stateroom. I booked this way for a small price difference between guarantee and choice - $150 pp. Maybe I should have just paid the $300 and picked where we wanted to be? The upside is we could be assigned a penthouse suite, which is a price difference of $750 pp and which we cannot afford!

I think I just have too much time to think (borderline obsess) about it - 86 days before we go. I've been thinking lately that we'll get to the terminal early enough to be one of the first ones on the ship and if we're assigned one of the two unwanted cabins see if they have anything else available to switch us to at no cost.

Back to what I wanted to ask originally - has anyone ever gotten to the ship, been assigned an undesirable cabin and been successful in getting it changed?

Sorry for being so long-winded but thanks for being available for me to vent. My husband doesn't give a flip where we are on the ship so he really doesn't get it when I try to talk to him about what I consider to be a dilemma. Depending on how this works out, I probably will not go the guarantee route again.

Thanks again for any comments, suggestions, thoughts.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Chris

P.S. Also in this situation, what do you do about your luggage that does not have a cabin number on the tags? Do you keep your luggage with you until you get your cabin assignment at check-in or do the porters have a list and you can find out what your cabin is before you even check in? Thanks again.

.This question is for recent cruisers on the Conquest who were assigned their cabins at the time of boarding. Did you or anyone you know get to the ship the day of sailing without having been assigned your cabin, get assigned a cabin that you already know you don't want (by having studied deck plans for months) and been able to change right then?.

That aint happening on any ship on carnival. Most ships sail at full or near full. CLoser to the date of sailing its opened up to residents for next to nothing.

You take your chance by booking guarantee-- there isnt much you can do about it once its assigned except to BUY your own upgrade.

Do NOT hand over any luggage to any porter until one of them verifies your cabin number- they have a manifest of everyone sailing and cabin numbers. You will get grey tags--which will already be filled out ebfore you get to the port.. the porter will give you a cabin number and you write (very dark) the number on the tags.. he then will put it in the right bin--

serene56.....Thanks for in info on how to find your cabin #. We're booked on the Miracle 11/12 with a gurantee 8A. Our agent told us we would get that or higher and could be placed anywhere on the ship. We're hoping it will be higher but we'll see!! I also was wondering what you mean when you said close to the date of sailing its opened up to residents for next to nothing. Does that mean we can book close to sailing and sail for a lower rate on whats left? Also you mentioned calling the travel agent if the price goes down, is that just for sailings thru the cruise line (carnival) or is that with travel agents too?

serene56.....Thanks for in info on how to find your cabin #. We're booked on the Miracle 11/12 with a gurantee 8A. Our agent told us we would get that or higher and could be placed anywhere on the ship. We're hoping it will be higher but we'll see!! I also was wondering what you mean when you said close to the date of sailing its opened up to residents for next to nothing. Does that mean we can book close to sailing and sail for a lower rate on whats left? Also you mentioned calling the travel agent if the price goes down, is that just for sailings thru the cruise line (carnival) or is that with travel agents too?

Some sailings have a residency sale. Also if a ship is not sailing well (destiny Sept 10th) the price dont come down-- the residents of Puerto Rico will be offered the cabins for a very low cost.

If you live close to a sailing port-- this is for you. Get your name on a list and be ready to go at a week or two notice.

I wtch my price for my cruise every day- if you see the price come down you call your agent. In 9-10 cruises only one has ever come down in orice. (I also had an agent that does not give price reductions after final payment so lost over 700.00)

check prices on carnivals page and remember those prices you see do not include government taxes.

Thanks Serene56.....you Are A Wealth Of Information!!! Who Do I Call To Get On A List For A Residency Sale?? A Travel Agent Or Carnival?? We Do Live Close To A Port (tampa) But Would It Be Just For Tampa Or For The Entire State?

We always choose our cabin ahead of time, and as early as we can...hubby tends to have motion sickness so we try to get mid ship, not too high. We are cruising on Caribbean Princess next March, we booked a mini suite cat. AB. Our agent suggested we book the cabin next door to the next higher category, same place on ship for less $$ so that was cool. Not much savings, but every little bit helps. It is midship on Dolphin Deck. Should be fine.

If we were younger we might try the guarantee cabin, but there is no way we are going to sleep over the anchor or at the very front of the ship. Last cruise we went on, a younger couple we met had the very front cabin and they could hear the ship pounding the waves. We are too old and cranky for that :)

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone. This will be our 5th cruise and we've done a variety of cabin categories before - balcony, ocean view, and inside. So this time I'm considering booking an inside guarantee because that is all that is left right now in the price range I wanted to pay.

We're not picky at all and we're barely ever in the room, so my question is how BAD could a guarantee get? Has anyone had any not so good experiences?

We did guarantee 3 times....1st time we were extremely lucky....booked inside guarantee on Celebrity Constellation and got an ocean view...great location. 2nd time I booked an inside guarantee on the Zenith and got the worst location....about as far forward as you can go and around midnite every nite they moved furniture around above us...seemed like it went on for hours. Last cruise on Carnival Legend we booked balcony guarantee and the cabin was fine.got moved up quite a few decks.

Since getting spoiled with a balcony, it would have to be either an almost free cruise or in the dead of one of our VT winters before I'd go back to ocean view and wouldn't even consider an inside. I loved getting up as the sun was rising and spending time on the balcony.

Archived