Which Shore Excursion ??

Dede F

Going on Royal Caribbean Empress of the Sea to Cuba. Cant decide on which shore excursion, A Day in Havana or Old Havana City Sight. Anyone that has been on either of these tours, I would appreciate any feedback. TKS.

Going on Royal Caribbean Empress of the Sea to Cuba. Cant decide on which shore excursion, A Day in Havana or Old Havana City Sight. Anyone that has been on either of these tours, I would appreciate any feedback. TKS.

I suggest you to take a tour from local companies.

They are are much less expensive that the ones offered by the cruise lines and it is really a completely different experience.

We had a 6 hours tour divided in 3 hours around Havana in a convertible car and 3 hours walking in Old Havana with an english speaking guide and it was absolutely amazing!

They are are much less expensive that the ones offered by the cruise lines and it is really a completely different experience.

We had a 6 hours tour divided in 3 hours around Havana in a convertible car and 3 hours walking in Old Havana with an english speaking guide and it was absolutely amazing!

Do you have a name or two of local companies that provide such tours, exactly what I am looking for. How do you pay for the tour?

SAS

We just returned from our cruise on the Empress of the Seas. I second what everybody else is saying about booking your tour independently.

We used Old Cars Havana. We booked our tour directly on their website. It even allowed us to pre-select the specific car we wanted (which was a plus since my dad is a classic car buff and was excited to select a car similar to what his dad used to own back in the 1950’s). The cost was about $30 per hour (not per person but per car), plus $30 for a guide.

Everything was done via email. We even received an email confirmation which is very helpful if you wish to maintain records in accordance with the US Dept of State directives.

We had 14 family members in 3 classic cars, 2 of them convertibles, each car with its own guide. When we averaged the cost for our excursion, we paid approximately $30 per person!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi!

Do you remember which tour operator you used? I am debating between Cubaoutings and Landscape Tours. If anyone has any feedback that would be fabulous!!!

Thanks!

I suggest Blexie (blexie100588@gmail.com). That's who we used. Our guide's English was flawless. We had about an hour walking tour and then we were in an air-conditioned 1955 Chevy Bel Air. We went all over Havana. Whatever you want to see, they will show you. And then they'll show you stuff you never knew existed (who knew there was basically a jungle in the middle of the city?). It was great. They even made reservations for us at El Canonazo for lunch -- which, while basically touristy, was reasonable and delicious.