Clearing Immigration Bar Harbor Timing?

jaja

Hi all...I have forgotten how long it takes to clear immigration onboard on a Canada/NE cruise. Bar Harbor is my first stop after Canada ports (Oct 2018), and trying to time my privately booked excursion. Docking is 8AM and the tour I want is 10AM, would not be a problem but forgot I need to account for immigration check.

Does anyone have an estimate of time for check in Bar Harbor.?

Thanks

We were on a B2B starting in June. On both legs we went through a US Immigration inspection at Bar Harbor.

We were in suites so were taken to the front of the line, but I do know that folks were issued time slots as late as 10:20 AM. The inspection started at 8:00 AM. Both times the process was running ahead of schedule so the cruise director began announcing that folks with later time slots should just get in the line. In our case we were on the Celebrity Summit, and there were four immigration officials for US citizens. Non-US citizens went through the process in a different venue and I have no idea how many immigration officials were processing them.

Since we tendered at Bar Harbor fellow passengers were relieved that the process went to smoothly and quickly.

We did this in June and were in Bar Harbor before 1000 by taking the first tender. We were given an arbitrary (?) code that determined the order in which we appeared for Immigration, which could have some impact. Nevertheless, it appeared to us that most people were in no hurry to get to the tenders, so I suspect you would have no difficulty arriving by 1000.