Latest policy on taking alcohol (Vodka) onboard at Miami port 2018??

Marie50

Some posts for wine only, but others say they have taken regular alcohol. My hubby loves Cuervo Light Margarita mix with the alcohol in it and I love vodka and oj or lemonade. So can anyone say for sure if they have taken these types of beverages onboard with them?

Some posts for wine only, but others say they have taken regular alcohol. My hubby loves Cuervo Light Margarita mix with the alcohol in it and I love vodka and oj or lemonade. So can anyone say for sure if they have taken these types of beverages onboard with them?

As I and others have often said on CC (based on multiple O cruises from embarkation ports across the globe [including within the past few months]), we have never had (or seen) wine and spirits denied boarding on an Oceania ship. The published limit in the T&C is merely a CYA statement by Oceania. The spirits are only for in cabin consumption but the wine can go to dinner for a $25 corkage (including gratuity).

That said, I do suggest that any wine you intend to bring to a dining venue be something exceptional. That $25 fee pales in comparison to the cost of that bottle onboard (even if it's stocked, which it probably isn't).

BTW, IMO, you should use the O cruise opportunity for DH to have a true (historically accurate) Margarita. Go to the Martini's or Horizon Bar and ask for El Tesoro Reposado (or Anejo) with only squeezed lime juice and a touch of simple syrup (since they don't stock Agave Nectar). Please: NO Triple Sec (or even Cointreau) NOR that disgusting sweet citrus mixer.

Yes we have taken a single bottle vodka on board it is one of the few drinks my wife and I share. We ask for different mixers for our mini fridge. tonic and cranberry juice. You can also get a small glass with lime wedges from the bartender. With drinks on your balcony it makes a nice private cocktail hour pre dinner.

Yes we have taken a single bottle vodka on board it is one of the few drinks my wife and I share. We ask for different mixers for our mini fridge. tonic and cranberry juice. You can also get a small glass with lime wedges from the bartender. With drinks on your balcony it makes a nice private cocktail hour pre dinner.

We've literally taken cases aboard (Wine AND Liquor.

Very different from the mass market lines.

Enjoy !!!

You could bring an exceptional wine onboard, but if you prefer moderately priced wines, you will still find that the $25 corkage will be a bargain compared to comparable wines on the wine list. There is no additional gratuity charge. I like to buy local wines in port and those are generally not on the official wine list anyway. Whatever the cost of the wine, the sommelier has always been gracious about serving it and even asked to try an unfamiliar wine when we were in Sicily and in Buenos Aires.