Using NCL Cruise Next certificates

umpisoccer

We just purchased 4 Cruise Next certificates on our July Bliss Cruise. We have never used these before and was wondering if you can use them to get a Guaranteed Inside ($250) or Guaranteed Balcony ($500) stateroom? Also, can you use the certificates for a last minute cruise (2-4 weeks out) Thanks.

Actually you can use multiple certificates for some cruises, but it is the exception. (we just used two on our upcoming Escape cruise)

We have also used on a last minute, three weeks to go cruise a few years ago with no problems at all.

I just called ncl and 2 different reps told me I could use 2 certificates for a balcony at the last minute as long as I do it before July 31st as that is when the current offer expires. They said that it might be extended beyond July 31st but no guarantees. They also said it didn't have to be 6 months out like it states on the ncl website. If you want to use 2 just call ncl.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We just purchased 4 Cruise Next certificates on our July Bliss Cruise. We have never used these before and was wondering if you can use them to get a Guaranteed Inside ($250) or Guaranteed Balcony ($500) stateroom? Also, can you use the certificates for a last minute cruise (2-4 weeks out) Thanks.
I haven't cruised with Norwegian, could someone tell me what these certificates are?

I haven't cruised with Norwegian, could someone tell me what these certificates are?

You buy them onboard your cruise...basically you get $500 credit toward future cruises for $250. I think they will allow you to get up to 4 for $500...they are all worth $250 each toward future cruises. So you're in essence doubling your money.

You can buy as many as you want onboard......So far this year I purchased AND sold 12 of them.

I make about $50 off each certificate (I buy them @ $125 each and sell them @ around $175 each). Easy to

sell either here on CC, on Ebay or Craigslist.

I keep one or two to use on our next NCL cruise and sell the rest.

Then I repeat the whole process again, buying them onboard and selling them, buying them onboard and selling them.

You get the drift.....With the money I make from selling the certificates, it's another savings on our next cruise.

If you hassle enough and buy and sell enough of them, your next cruise could potentially be free.

ONE caveat though, you CANNOT use these if you book at interline rates- period!

Edited by 1AL

What are interline rates?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Rates as low as $22 per person per day, at least that's the lowest we have paid.....I am sure there are others who have actually paid even lower than that (including port charges/taxes/fees).

So far this year we've done 10 such cruises, the last one we got back from just last week, the most we've paid has been $25 per person per day including port charges, taxes/fees. There are restrictions about who OFFICIALLY qualifies for these rates but it is easy to "qualify".

Google is your friend.

Rates as low as $22 per person per day, at least that's the lowest we have paid.....I am sure there are others who have actually paid even lower than that (including port charges/taxes/fees).

So far this year we've done 10 such cruises, the last one we got back from just last week, the most we've paid has been $25 per person per day including port charges, taxes/fees. There are restrictions about who OFFICIALLY qualifies for these rates but it is easy to "qualify".

Google is your friend.

Google was my friend on finding out what interline rates were and how to officially qualify. Seems like you need to be related to or travel with someone who's an employee in the travel industry.

I guess I don't understand how to unofficially qualify, Google wasn't so friendly here.

Received an email from NCL earlier this month...

Just extended! Offer ends July 31, 2018

Double Up!

For a limited time, apply two CruiseNext deposits to your next cruise on ANY ship and ANY sailing of 6 days or longer when you book in a balcony or above. Plus, this offer is combinable with Norwegian's Free at Sea.

I made a reservation for my sister this month for a cruise in November. Travel Agent contacted NCL and was told nope, has to be 6 months in advance. Told TA no I have email. TA said, I'll try another agent and was successful. Actually had to do this three times, because the TA asked me to call back next morning to confirm and received no answer again!! But finally two Cruise Next certs were applied on the reservation.