Half Moon Cay

bibbysnow

Are there lounge chairs on the beach?

Yes. When you walk off of the tender boat and go over to the beach, you'll notice that a large number of people tend to not go much past the pirate ship bar. If you walk down the beach a little further, starting at about cabana #9, the crowd starts to get a lot thinner, and you'll find plenty of vacant lounge chairs. There is a path between cabana # 10 and #11 that leads to the walkway to the restrooms.

Half Moon cay is the 2nd best rated private ship island behind the Disney Castaway Cay.

You will like HMC very much and there are a few benches among the trees. Also lots of shady places to sit and eat too. The water is nice and easy to walk in and out of.

Half Moon cay is the 2nd best rated private ship island behind the Disney Castaway Cay.

You will like HMC very much and there are a few benches among the trees. Also lots of shady places to sit and eat too. The water is nice and easy to walk in and out of.

What criteria are you using to put Disney's Castaway Cay first above Half Moon Cay? I ask for future reference as I have never been to Castaway Cay, but I have been to Half Moon Cay and it is, to me, simply paradise on Earth.

What criteria are you using to put Disney's Castaway Cay first above Half Moon Cay? I ask for future reference as I have never been to Castaway Cay, but I have been to Half Moon Cay and it is, to me, simply paradise on Earth.

I've never been to castaway cay, but I'd say one advantage it has is they have a pier for the ship; no need to tender.

We were in Cabana #10 and there were tons of loungers available all day.

DSCN2832-XL.jpg

DSCN2835-XL.jpg

I have a cabana reserved for my Conquest cruise next March and I'm trying to decide which one I want. How far was #10 away from the dock and/or the food, if you don't mind my asking. TIA

I think it's won awards or been voted on or something like that. I've been to both, and there isn't a huge difference, except you have to tender to Half Moon Cay. They are both really nice, and I would love to be on either one right now.

I have a cabana reserved for my Conquest cruise next March and I'm trying to decide which one I want. How far was #10 away from the dock and/or the food, if you don't mind my asking. TIA

Cabana #10 is about the halfway point along the beach, so it can be a tough walk through the sand...but the beaut of it is you don't have to walk! There are trams that run out to our cabana.

DSCN2810-XL.jpg

The trams and trucks drop off and pick up at these stops.

DSCN2872-XL.jpg

You just have to walk down the path to your cabana. We liked cabana 10 because it was close to the bathrooms. As you can see in the pictures below, the restroom building is in the upper right corner of mm picture of cabana 10, and then the picture of the restrooms was taken standing in front of the cabana.

DSCN2829-XL.jpg

The picnic area with the food is a short walk away, I easily walked there and returned with two full plates of food.

I used the term Rated so that means I was reading an article on the subject.

While beach is great, Disney wins because the ship can dock and they have 3 beaches and water activites and layout with a tram to adult beach.

I like each for different reasons.

But Royal is expanding Coco Cay so the ratings game could change

• 3 weeks later...

I have rented the clamshell. It's a great deal and I would highly recommend to anyone who doesnt want to pay the cabana price. We splurged on the cabana for our 25th anniversary and oh boy! Would do that again, as well! Air con, even with the open wall, the misting fan, the included drinks and snacks, the comfy loungers, the included float mats and snorkel gear, and the priority tender was totally worth the price to us!

We will be taking grandkids 7&8 along with daughter and son in law on their first cruise next April.

It's been many years since we've sailed on Carnival and so many new things to learn about.

How do you reserve a Cabana on HMC and approximately what is the price?

I didn't even know you could rent them! My husband and son in law would enjoy the air conditioning :-)