Port Canveral Restaurant pre-cruise

All4fun&fun4all

Any recommendations for a lively and tasty restaurant for the night before our cruise in September? We are thinking about Fishlips but there are so many people going there before our sailing that we would like to eat somewhere a little less crowded and then maybe stop by Fishlips for drinks after.

Any recommendations for a lively and tasty restaurant for the night before our cruise in September? We are thinking about Fishlips but there are so many people going there before our sailing that we would like to eat somewhere a little less crowded and then maybe stop by Fishlips for drinks after.

We love Grills....

I agree with the others above.

You can make your way to the Cove area of the Port and have pre-dinner drinks during happy hour to watch some cruise ships depart between 4 and 5 then have dinner.

Most folks just stroll around and pick Rusty's, Fishlips, Grills or Rising Tide - where to go depends a bit on the weather, where you can grab a good table and what you feel like eating. Rising Tide is a bit different and worth a look especially after the cruise ships left and being on the water is not that important. Grills is also our "goto" eating spot but the upstairs at Fishlips is better for ship viewing IMO (when they depart across the port).

Do not be concerned about the cruising crowds! All the popular restaurants around Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are busy during dinner anyways so you can just as well dine at the Port!

Having said that...if you like to dine with the local crowd then understand they go to different spots on different nights of the week! For example, Taco Tuesday is very popular at Sandbar, Coconuts attract the beach loving crowd and on a warm evening it is loud and fun!

Edited by SteerageJoe

No, but the Port restaurants are just a short Uber away! Too far to walk though.

The La Quinta Oceanfront is an excellent choice! It is one I recommend for family and friends because of the location and views!

You are surrounded by excellent restaurants and none are seafood only so you pick anyone. From the restaurants with views on the Pier to some great places a few blocks east near Publix, it is an easy walk in all directions! I like Coasters Taphouse for some reason!

I can list them all here but it will be a long post! I suggest you read this Guide to the La Quinta Oceanfront and its location in Cocoa Beach!

No, but the Port restaurants are just a short Uber away! Too far to walk though.

The La Quinta Oceanfront is an excellent choice! It is one I recommend for family and friends because of the location and views!

You are surrounded by excellent restaurants and none are seafood only so you pick anyone. From the restaurants with views on the Pier to some great places a few blocks east near Publix, it is an easy walk in all directions! I like Coasters Taphouse for some reason!

I can list them all here but it will be a long post! I suggest you read this Guide to the La Quinta Oceanfront and its location in Cocoa Beach!

Perfect! Thank you!

We're Fishlips folks. We don't find it to be anymore crowded than Grills and also think the upper level is better for ship watching.

Is it difficult to find a parking spot?

Sent from my iPad using Forums