Oceania comes up trumps !!!

roger b

Referring to my previous Post .

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2656654

Oceania FINALLY came up trumps !!! After three weeks of backwards and forwards , I had to go back to them three or four times as they kept moving the goal posts , I twice accepted a new decreased price offer only to be told sorry that offer has been taken and is no longer available.

My agent finally got them to give me the substantial discount and not moving to a new category , So be persistent and get a good agent. All Hail to Oceania Cruises !!!

Referring to my previous Post .

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2656654

Oceania FINALLY came up trumps !!! After three weeks of backwards and forwards , I had to go back to them three or four times as they kept moving the goal posts , I twice accepted a new decreased price offer only to be told sorry that offer has been taken and is no longer available.

My agent finally got them to give me the substantial discount and not moving to a new category , So be persistent and get a good agent. All Hail to Oceania Cruises !!!

And your agent. They are valuable.

This is great news for you.

Now the question is - can everyone else use your experience to make their own case and get the same benefit or are they going to make sure the policy is clarified.

Now the question is - can everyone else use your experience to make their own case and get the same benefit or are they going to make sure the policy is clarified.
Wayne, thank you for stating so clearly what the real questions arising out of this situation are. Bravo!

~ Linda

I don't understand how anyone can be thrilled with "three weeks of backwards and forwards" and two reneged deals.

Made whole, yes.

Happy, no.

Happy Yes !!

$ 1100 in my pocket is better than an empty pocket .

The on board price promise offered by Oceania agents is not fully explained and the impression given to me was that any price reduction or perk up until the time of sailing would be given---not so !! the agent left out only if my category was available.

I needed to change to a different category to get the discounted deal , I was offered one category higher and one lower ,when I went back to change I was told Sorry that these cabins were now sold !!! I then noticed on the website my category was offering a guarantee.

OK !! I'll take that Sorry this is a mistake and should not be there ,I told them that they kept moving the goal posts so that I would not get the on board price promise, My agent was the able to get me my discount .

On board agent should fully explain the Promise or the piece of paper given to customers should be changed.