Port Canaveral cruise - stay nearer Orlando or Melbourne?

laststop

We are sailing in January 2019 out of Port Canaveral and I am looking to book our hotel the night before. We are driving in, so we will have a car. Looking at reviews, I can't find a decent hotel near the port or Cocoa Beach that is less than $150 and still have to either add parking at the hotel or pay parking elsewhere. I don't really want to drop over $200 for hotel/parking for one night.

So I have found some better options both around the Orlando airport and down in Melbourne, both are about a 45 minute to the port. Is there one option that would be a better drive on embarkation morning?

Or if there are some suggestions in Cocoa Beach area of a more budget-friendly hotel, I'm all ears. The reviews of some have just kind of kept me away from some of those.

Thanks for any advice.

I personally would spend one night closer to the port. Orlando is approximately one hour away from Cape Canaveral and Melbourne is approximately thirty minutes away. You most likely will find a cheaper rate in the Orlando area so stay overnight there, get an early start on departure day and park your vehicle at Port Canaveral or an off site lot nearby.

You have a car so it does not matter! You can stay as far away as Daytona Bach and still be fine on cruise morning! But suggest you stay closer in case of weather/traffic issues.

Orlando airport area properties are great. Melbourne is fine too and you will have a pleasant scenic drive to the Port! Simply pick an hotel that suits your budget and needs.

About parking. How many people? You can park for as little as $40 (2 pax) for a 7-night cruise in a nice tarmac lot only minutes from the Port and it will be on your way from Melbourne along A1A.

You can read about all the parking choices here: Comparing Parking Options at Port Canaveral and Off-site.

You have a car so it does not matter! You can stay as far away as Daytona Bach and still be fine on cruise morning! But suggest you stay closer in case of weather/traffic issues.

Orlando airport area properties are great. Melbourne is fine too and you will have a pleasant scenic drive to the Port! Simply pick an hotel that suits your budget and needs.

About parking. How many people? You can park for as little as $40 (2 pax) for a 7-night cruise in a nice tarmac lot only minutes from the Port and it will be on your way from Melbourne along A1A.

You can read about all the parking choices here: Comparing Parking Options at Port Canaveral and Off-site.

2 adults and 1 teen (which I presume will be charged as an adult).

Melbourne's a great place to stay and an easy drive to Port Canaveral. We pick up a Dunkin Donuts coffee in Melbourne and are able to drink it on our way to the port so it works well for us :D. For our January cruise on the Sunshine, right now I have hotels booked in both Melbourne and near the port. It's so much less in Melbourne (but we're considering the park and cruise package from one of the local hotels so.....).

Probably the most reasonable hotel I've found near the port is the Hampton Inn - the Radisson, Residence Inn and even Country Inn and Suites are way more expensive for our dates.

Oh, wanted to add that we won't stay in the Orlando area anymore - it is crazy busy - the hotels, the restaurants, everything! It doesn't make for a relaxing night pre-cruise for us anymore.