Hotel in Miami for the day before Cruise

dapowel2

I've stayed at the Pullman near the Miami Airport. Have stayed there either three or four times in the past. They have a free shuttle from the Airport and will also shuttle you to nearby places (although they are walkable). Right around the corner is a strip center with a Cuban Restaurant, Starbucks, Publix along with a few other places to grab a few things. In the parking lot is a Burger King, which is good if you're not wanting a full meal. Across the street from the Strip Center is a Walgreen's and of course across the street from Walgreen's is a CVS. Both the Walgreen's and the CVS are good for those last minute things you may have forgotten to pack, such as sunscreen or other assorted sundries.

The concierge at the Pullman can also arrange for transportation to the Port on your day of embarkation. I think the cost is either $10 or $11 per person.

The Pullman is one of the hotels NCL uses in Miami for pre or post cruise stays and they have their own shuttle which will pick up NCL passengers the day of embarkation. I've booked the Pullman both ways and have saved money either booking through Trivago or the hotel's website.

Good Luck with your selection.

That is where I would probably stay if I wanted to be near the pier. The rooms are so/so, and the service also so/so, but it is fun to walk across the street to the dining and shopping center, if you have a room on the port side, you can watch the ships come and go and the price is right.

Our favorite place, but nowhere near the port is the Miami airport Hilton. the Conrad is another great one and Hampton Inns, especially the one at Blue Lagoon (next door almost to the Miami Airport Hilton, is a good bet. Again, not near the port but nice views and a slightly better price.

We like the Intercontinental. Don't have to cross the street to get to Bayside, the rooms and service are very good.

If you come in on a Saturday for a Sunday cruise you can hang out on the pool deck (5) and watch the ships leave on Saturday.

Bill