Kids Club Staff to Child Ratio

cigar connoisseur

My family is considering taking our son, who will be 8 at the time of sailing, on the MSC Seaside. We have not had any success in finding out what the ratio of MSC kids club staff to children is. Does anyone know what that ratio is?

Hopefully my friend, Kathie Ragan will chime in. She uses the kid club a lot.

We didn’t have our kids with us on our June cruise, but did go look at the club. We didn’t ask about the ratios, but thought it looked small and a little more chaotic than we’d like. We expect our 10 year olds will spend more time on the waterslides than in the kids’ club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might be able to find out the number of employees assigned to the youth center, but without knowing the specific number of children who will be present, it will be impossible to determine an accurate ratio.

Thanks for all the information. I'm still somewhat surprised that there isn't some type of maximum ratio regulated by the cruise lines or government, understanding the ratio could be better if less children are in the club. It seems that this would be in place for the safety of the children.

Recently, I was having a conversation with a fellow passenger at an airport. He stated that on their RCI cruise his children were temporarily not permitted into the club because there were to many children and not enough counselors. He stated that the ratio for RCI was 25:1 children to counselors. Once again, that seems awfully high if there is any type of problem, emergency...

On MSC Seaside are facilities for kids of different ages. Baby Club Chicco, Mini Club Lego, Junior Club Lego, Young Club, Teen Club & Doremiland. I guess there are quite a few counselors on duty at any given time which can help in a different area if needed. The ships hospital is just a few decks below and trained medical staff can be on-site within minutes.

Hi. We are on Seaview at the minute with my 9 and 7 year old and I imagine things are fairly similar to Seaside. I don't know what the ratio is but there always seems to be plenty of staff around. My 7 year old has learning disabilities and ADHD and he loved the kids club on Divina and loves it on Seaview. We have to restrict when they go otherwise they would spend all their time there when they're not in the aqua park. I've found the staff on both ships to be really friendly and on the ball - they seem to genuinely love working with kids and the range of activities on offer is great.

Sent from my E6653 using Forums mobile app