Will I meet someone special on my cruise?

ExCruiseMe

Single traveler here... what are the odds? Is romance at sea a thing that happens in real life or just on the Love Boat tv show?

You should read the Shipboard Love Stories forum. I didn't have to take a cruise to find "the one" for me - I married the girl next door. Really.

Good luck to you!

Well, many years ago when I was a teenager and cruised with my family I met a guy and that was my first kiss! It was romantic out on a ship dock watching the ocean, although he was a pretty bad kisser (as I'm sure most teenagers are). Unfortunately he kind of annoyed me and was always following me around (when I came down the elevator in the morning he was already down there waiting for me, don't know for how long). Then when I returned home there was already a Fed Ex letter there from him! Good thing he lived across the country so I didn't have to deal with him in person again.

Anyways, if you're looking you might find someone or at least make some good friends! :D

By doing a search, I found that the OP is 26 years old. He has traveled with his mother in the past. Sounds like a sweetheart! ;)

The ship, itinerary and number of days you will be cruising will determine the possibility of having other singles on board. If you are bunking with Mom again, I wouldn't let it be known until you get to know the other person better. :D

BTW - Love your CC name!

ExCruiseMe,

Cruising provides an opportunity to meet all sorts of people. Sometimes people get lucky & find a romantic interest. Good Luck.

Over my years of cruising I have met many dear friends that I remain in contact with. I have a group that we started doing cruise reunions together.

I met my very best friend on the original Love Boat - Pacific Princess - ten years ago this March. He worked onboard. So, yes, it is possible to find love & romance.

What ship are you going on?? Hope you find what you are looking for.

Enjoy your cruise.

There's a fairly young, former RCI cruiser - formerly Mrs. George Smith; she's available, likes to party, and occassionally sleeps in the hallway; just don't turn your back on her if you're leaning over the rail... ;)

She may not be your type, but there's ALWAYS a chance!

We were on the Westerdam a few weeks ago with my brother-in-law and on the last day of the cruise he met a lady who lives within two hours of his home. They have seen each other since then.

I met my hubby on a trip to the Club Med 33 years ago.

There is a company called SinglesCruiseResource.com which specializes in singles who want to cruise. I think if you look for a cruise that has your demographics, you might well meet someone.

Besides which, it is always easier for a man to meet women than the other way around.

Lots of cruises also have singles and solos lunches so that those travelling alone can meet others.

If you have a special interest, like playing bridge or scuba diving this is also a good way to meet other folks.

Go on the cruise planning to meet as many folks as possible. Try to not limit it to singles your age. You never know who will introduce you to "the one".

Roberta

44 years ago on a cruise to Nassau with two of my girlfriends, two of us met our future husbands and we are both still married! Two out of three isn't bad.

Have a great cruise and good luck!!

There's a fairly young, former RCI cruiser - formerly Mrs. George Smith; she's available, likes to party, and occassionally sleeps in the hallway; just don't turn your back on her if you're leaning over the rail... ;)

She may not be your type, but there's ALWAYS a chance!

Wow.

I totally missed that the first time I read through the posts... funny stuff...

Poor girl... she got cleared didnt she?

Hiya,

Just back of the CB Xmas cruise (although it feels like months ago!) and

there really were loads of single blokes onboard. There were a few single girls (myself among them) but there seemed to be more men, although this could be because the single girls weren't trying to chat me up so I probably wasn't as aware of their presence!

There were plenty of VERY letchy men on my cruise who were clearly looking for a girl above all else. They all received short shrift from me, and from what I saw, other singletons aboard. Go looking to make friends and if you find someone you really get on with and their single then great. To do it the other way round i.e. to find a single person THEN desperately search for something in common (apart from your single status), seems ludicrous.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is don't let the criteria for a great vacation be hooking up with someone else.

Hannah

Archived