Live from the Amsterdam ...

kryos

We will probably bite the bullet and pay for business class seats. It is only one way and we will be leaving from LA or San Diego so it is a non-stop flight and is shorter than flying from the East coast. And the flight is on the way to the cruise........when we get back we only have to drive home to north San Diego!!

Sounds like business class is the only way to go. You wouldn't want to be stuck in coach, especially if it was a full flight. You'd be miserable that many hours.

It seems to me that at one time, you could get lucky and have a flight that had plenty of empty seats. Then people could move around so that everyone could spread out and be a bit more comfortable. But over the past couple of years, it seems like every single flight I've been on has been either filled to capacity or pretty damned close to it. No chance of being comfortable any longer.

While business class will clearly cost more, at least you won't arrive in Austrailia frazzled.

Sounds like a wonderful trip ... and you are right ... while April 2007 may seem far off now, it will be here before you know it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita, Hey girl. Miss seeing you every day, how's work going and how is your Dad? E-mail me about everything...

Dad's fine ... but we're gearing up here for a major blizzard. Why couldn't this have come while I was on the cruise? :( Now I'm gonna have to trudge to work in it. :(

I miss seeing you everyday too. God, where did those 30 days go? :(

You're book went out today ... you should have it within a week or so since I sent it out via media mail. And, yes, it's personally inscribed. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip.

Thank you so much. Believe me, I will never be able to top this birthday ... not in a million years. That's how wonderful a time I had.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Happy Belated Birthday Rita! I too have been thinking about you and your wonderful cruise. Funny, I thought it was sometime in Febuary, so I wondered over to the HAL board this morning. Just spent a lovely coffee break reading all the posts!! Isn't great how the internet lets us all share vicariously in each others travels! Of course when a friend writes as beautifully as you do, the joy is even better!!! Rich and I still talk about the Island Princess, but it sounds like this cruise tops that one for you! Hope to cruise together again sometime soon!! Rich and I are on the Star Princess with our daugters in March!

Happy Belated Birthday Rita! I too have been thinking about you and your wonderful cruise. Funny, I thought it was sometime in Febuary, so I wondered over to the HAL board this morning. Just spent a lovely coffee break reading all the posts!! Isn't great how the internet lets us all share vicariously in each others travels! Of course when a friend writes as beautifully as you do, the joy is even better!!! Rich and I still talk about the Island Princess, but it sounds like this cruise tops that one for you! Hope to cruise together again sometime soon!! Rich and I are on the Star Princess with our daugters in March!

Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes. God, this year's birthday will be absolutely be untoppable! Everyone onboard ship was so nice ... from my cabin steward singing happy birthday to me that morning as I left my cabin for breakfast ... and then leaving me a towel monkey hanging from my bed with a birthday card in its paws ... to all the waiters (not to mention our CC crowd) gathering at our table at dinner that night to sing happy birthday to me ... with a wonderful (non-chocolate) cake that I could actual enjoy a slice of. Then, spending that wonderful day on Maui ... a snorkling excursion ... and the folks there singing to me on the boat. My lord ... how could I ever hope to top that?!?!?!

It was clearly my best birthday ever and one I will remember for the rest of my life ... thanks to all the wonderful people who helped me to celebrate it.

And ... most definitely! I'd love to cruise again with you! Let's make some plans to do it. Email me at kry.os@verizon.net ... I'm sure we can set something up. Unfortunately, though, March is just a little too soon for me. The boss would choke if I asked for more time off. :(

I'll pop on over to Princess and see what's cooking.

Blue skies!

--rita

Archived