Wine boxes

I would call to be sure, but, I think they may allow it as wine, as long as you don't exceed the 750ml. In that case it is carry on only. 750ml per adult in cabin.
It is wine. 500ml per box. So much lighter than bottles... Takes up 1/2 the space but I'm wondering if because of how small they are they would go unnoticed in my checked bag

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

If you read the wine policy it says 1 bottle per adult passenger , not UP TO 750 ml per adult passenger. Most wine bottles are 750ml, thus the limit to prevent larger bottles. Thus it may depend upon the strictness of the security folks at your embarkation port. Some may let you go through with 3 of these boxes others may stop you and take one away. They definitely must be in carryon not checked. People have had success in getting wine and liquor through in checked baggage but not always. Again, each port can be different in scrutiny of checked luggage. Just be forewarned if you are not successful. But don't let it spoil your cruise.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

I have always taken just a bottle of good champagne on my past cruises and just found these to be interesting. I know you can also purchase them in smaller containers as a 6 pack. I'm not sure that I would actually bring them and that is why I threw this out to cc people for opinions. Thank you all so much for the feedback. I have decided this is probably not the best way to go.

From the picture you posted you may have trouble here. Just my opinion, but they look to much like a plastic bottle with a resealable cap.

They're more like the cartons that protein shakes come in - we've taken those on several cruises, as Carnival allows cartons, just not bottles (except wine). These are pretty interesting - being smaller than a regular wine bottle would make them much easier to pack as well as fitting them in the fridge in the cabin. And of course, they would be much lighter than a glass bottle of wine. I've never seen these before & I would be curious as to whether anyone has had any problems with the port staff recognizing them as an allowed bottle of wine.

Originally posted by dmdiver Would they hold up to hundreds of pounds of luggage being thrown on top of them? I'd be afraid of it bursting all over my clothes.

Not supposed to be in checked baggage so shouldn't matter.

I was responding to the poster's original question, not suggesting that it was ok to try to put in checked luggage.

They're more like the cartons that protein shakes come in - we've taken those on several cruises, as Carnival allows cartons, just not bottles (except wine). These are pretty interesting - being smaller than a regular wine bottle would make them much easier to pack as well as fitting them in the fridge in the cabin. And of course, they would be much lighter than a glass bottle of wine. I've never seen these before & I would be curious as to whether anyone has had any problems with the port staff recognizing them as an allowed bottle of wine.
This was the original reason for my op. I have never seen anything this size and I was wondering the same thing about them.

I have always taken just a bottle of good champagne on my past cruises and just found these to be interesting. I know you can also purchase them in smaller containers as a 6 pack. I'm not sure that I would actually bring them and that is why I threw this out to cc people for opinions. Thank you all so much for the feedback. I have decided this is probably not the best way to go.

OP: I am pretty certain I read a post about someone bringing the six packs of wine cartons onboard during check in somewhere on CC. If I recall they let them take up to 1500ml because they had two adults. I do not recall what embarkation Port, etc. If you do some more searching you may find that post, and reach out to that poster about their experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Found this on Carnival site:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy-q%26a

Q. Can I bring on board*a box of wine or wine coolers?

A.**A*1.5 liter box of wine is permitted as long as it is brought on board between two adult guests in the same staterroom.*Wine Coolers are permitted as long as the label reads 'Wine' and they do not exceed the limit.

Now, you just need to find out about taking multiple that add up to the allowance...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wrote Carnival to ask if I could bring the small bottles that come four to a pack instead of once large bottle. Here is the response.

We know you are ready to depart from the ordinary, in fact you have probably already checked outhttps://www.carnival.com/awaywego and we are here to help!

I wish, I wish! I love the little 4 packs myself! However the policy remains as "At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage".

We trust you understand that allowing additional quantities that total the 750ml would further delay the embarkation process, involve additional staffing and security resources.

I wrote Carnival to ask if I could bring the small bottles that come four to a pack instead of once large bottle. Here is the response.

We know you are ready to depart from the ordinary, in fact you have probably already checked outhttps://www.carnival.com/awaywego and we are here to help!

I wish, I wish! I love the little 4 packs myself! However the policy remains as "At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage".

We trust you understand that allowing additional quantities that total the 750ml would further delay the embarkation process, involve additional staffing and security resources.

We have been carrying the little four packs of wine onboard for years and have never had a problem. We just put them in our carry on.

I took a 1L carton of wine as a carry-on and had no trouble, but these situations seem to depend on the judgement of the specific workers at the port. I would not try to put that in my checked bag. It is against policy and might break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums